• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

novagirl

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2010
Santa Rosa Beach
Ya'll Think its hard finding a home? Try having your extended family with you! I take care of my bedridden mom and I'm helping to raise my granddaughters. As soon as people hear me say that, its " I don't think this home is right for you!" And the problem is , what do I do? Get rid of them? I am so frustrated! I can't even get in to see houses! Whats really bad is if I don't find a place for us to live then I am going to have to put mom in a nursing home. The whole reason I'm doing all this is to open my business so I can provide for my granddaughters and be able to pay for the meds my moms insurance doesn't cover. But if I can't find a house then everything else is not going to happen. I thought that when I sold my house it would be fine because I'd have the money to rent something and open the biz. HA! HA! No such luck! Its easier to get people to take the dog than my family! I'm trying sooo hard to stay positive but its sure getting hard.

lucky7

Beach Comber
Jan 28, 2007
It's next to IMPOSSIBLE to find a long term rental. Certainly for under $1,200 in this area. Even in a recession, owners would rather stick with their price than take a bit lower in rent. With the majority of jobs paying an average $10/hr for the working person who doesn't own a business, this makes it literally impossible to live here. DO the math! Good luck to everyone!

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
rental

Ya'll Think its hard finding a home? Try having your extended family with you! I take care of my bedridden mom and I'm helping to raise my granddaughters. As soon as people hear me say that, its " I don't think this home is right for you!" And the problem is , what do I do? Get rid of them? I am so frustrated! I can't even get in to see houses! Whats really bad is if I don't find a place for us to live then I am going to have to put mom in a nursing home. The whole reason I'm doing all this is to open my business so I can provide for my granddaughters and be able to pay for the meds my moms insurance doesn't cover. But if I can't find a house then everything else is not going to happen. I thought that when I sold my house it would be fine because I'd have the money to rent something and open the biz. HA! HA! No such luck! Its easier to get people to take the dog than my family! I'm trying sooo hard to stay positive but its sure getting hard.

Hor many bedrooms do you need and how much is your budget for rent? I was wondering so I can keep my eyes okpen for you. They have a small house in blue mountain beach I just saw yesterday that looks just like the one I am renting for $850 with three bdrms. It ismall, but comfortable. The house is right on 30A. I'll check for your if you want and see how many bdrms and price for monthly rent. I was very fortunate to find the place I am living so hang in there it will happen it just takes lots of looking and phone calls. I did not find it until I left after being here two weeks looking and made two phone calls when I returned home and what do you know. I rented it sight unseen as long as it was in a decent neighborhood and it is. I could never find anything through a realtor. I am happy to help. Brenda

novagirl

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2010
Santa Rosa Beach
Hi Brenda, Happy Day! I finally found a house. Its not perfect but it will work for what I need. Its actually much more room than I have now AND I can work on the business!!!!! Its only 3 bedrooms but it has a dining area that I can use for mom and her hospital bed. YAYYYYY! I'm excited and nervous and hoping I don't screw this up. I'm really looking forward to working on my business. I am going to be calling you with some questions about your experience (from when you worked in the dog biz) so wish me luck! Jane

My husband and I were considering offering our townhome in SeaGrove long-term (one year) and see how it worked out. It's a furnished or unfurnished 2-bedroom/2.5 bath right on the beach. No smoking no pets (we have a family member with breathing issues). We were thinking $1900/month including water/trash/sewer/cable TV. Electric and internet would be extra. We really don't have all the details hammered out because it's kinda scary getting into this, but we have talked about it enough it's time to DO something LOL!

Ari Silverstein

Beach Lover
May 2, 2010
i think the reason why is most people can make as much renting 2-3 months in peak season as renting a whole year to long term renters plus they get to use there home personally for many months.

Added to the fact that long term rentals have been eaten up by those who have been, or taken a strategic, foreclosure.