• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
How much does a pool heater and installation cost? We've been told by our management company that turning our pool (10x20) into a heated one will up the number of rentals in the shoulder seasons, so we're starting to look into it.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
MY pool guy called back, but I missed it. BTW...this is for the pool in Dallas. Hopefully, I can get some info today and I will share what I learn.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
SGB said:
How much does a pool heater and installation cost? We've been told by our management company that turning our pool (10x20) into a heated one will up the number of rentals in the shoulder seasons, so we're starting to look into it.

Not cheap. I will send you a PM on the heater cost and installation. Yes, we did some research and feel that we will get 2-4 addl rentals in the "shoulder" weeks/weekends with a heated pool. We already got 1 booking that said that the heater was a mandatory criteria and 1 pending.

Our pool was installed by Cox Pools when the house was being built, so I just used them (Cox Pools of PCB) for the heater and installation. Their warranty is great and they are a certified service center that stocks the parts for the brand heater.

Okalossa Gas is running the gas line from the main for no charge and then is charging me $500.00 to tie in the heater and inspect and approve everything. Then it is $10.00/mo in the months when no gas is used and actual usage charges for the heating (I'm planning to charge renters $35/day and $250/wk for heating).

Being remote and not living there, has not been a big challenge. Both Okaloosa Gas and Cox have been great to work with and I scheduled our pool maintenance/cleaning at the same time as the Okaloosa engineers site survey so everything went very smooth. Amy at Coastal Pools was great and she answered any of the Okalossa engineers questions.

:clap_1: :clap_1: :cool:

tylerT

Beach Lover
Nov 22, 2005
Just build it into the rent - if you separate it out, they're going to think you're nickel and dimin them.

tylerT said:
Just build it into the rent - if you separate it out, they're going to think you're nickel and dimin them.
True.dat. However, another one of our objectives was to keep people not staying at our house from using the heat. We found out this was happening when we had two months with no rentals, yet a huge gas bill. Someone said they saw our hot tub being used, yet they weren't sure that the house was rented. Therefore, we need to keep it all locked up, and then we have to cover the expense of having someone come out, unlock it, turn it on, and then turn it off and lock it when the guests leave. We decided that it's just simpler to charge extra for the heat.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Beach Runner said:
True.dat. However, another one of our objectives was to keep people not staying at our house from using the heat. We found out this was happening when we had two months with no rentals, yet a huge gas bill. Someone said they saw our hot tub being used, yet they weren't sure that the house was rented. Therefore, we need to keep it all locked up, and then we have to cover the expense of having someone come out, unlock it, turn it on, and then turn it off and lock it when the guests leave. We decided that it's just simpler to charge extra for the heat.

We has some construction workers use our hot tub as a BATHTUB! Soap floating (musta been IVORY!) in the hot tub! We fixed that BS! We knew who it was! BUSTED!!!!!!!