• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DENOLA

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
And I quote “…may know more then us locals.”

I posted and replied with facts on what I thought was a discussion board, not a place where the my replies were met with the ‘Local’ card or “long time resident/discussion poster”.
That rebuttal is old and played out.

Never said I knew more, never called someone a bully, never flexed on being a newcomer. Do you pay anymore taxes to Walton than I do? Measuring tenure in a neighborhood, county or discussion board doesn’t mean your opinion matters anymore than someone else’s.

Also, great deflection and response to any of my questions and focus on the clutching of your pearls.

P.S. I can afford a Porsche and would like to buy one locally and fill it up with s**t ton of knick knacks and paddy wacks from Target

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
And I quote “…may know more then us locals.”

I posted and replied with facts on what I thought was a discussion board, not a place where the my replies were met with the ‘Local’ card or “long time resident/discussion poster”.
That rebuttal is old and played out.

Never said I knew more, never called someone a bully, never flexed on being a newcomer. Do you pay anymore taxes to Walton than I do? Measuring tenure in a neighborhood, county or discussion board doesn’t mean your opinion matters anymore than someone else’s.

Also, great deflection and response to any of my questions and focus on the clutching of your pearls.

P.S. I can afford a Porsche and would like to buy one locally and fill it up with s**t ton of knick knacks and paddy wacks from Target
Congrats! You won the internet today and made a few new friends.

Jashleyren

Beach Comber
Sep 15, 2021
Destin
I know this is an old post, month and a half old now. I live over in Destin, and a Porsche dealer (Orr) and a Target are very available, already. I"m another one of those who might buy a Porsche if I want one, but I don't. Enough with German cars, personally speaking :D

Let me just say that the 98 corridor through Walton might seem empty to many outsiders, but to those of us who live in the region, it's needed to remain that way. Everything anyone can want is located not far away, here in Destin, and even across the pass over into FWB. I also know that change is already here, in the way people shop and buy, and Commercial retail construction will not be needed in the future, more than what is already here.

I'm not anti-progress, but I am anti-excess. We have excess already, and we've had it for years. No need to alter the landscape and environment of 98 in So Wal with yet more retail and strip mall construction. There's already plenty, not at full capacity, all around.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I know this is an old post, month and a half old now. I live over in Destin, and a Porsche dealer (Orr) and a Target are very available, already. I"m another one of those who might buy a Porsche if I want one, but I don't. Enough with German cars, personally speaking :D

Let me just say that the 98 corridor through Walton might seem empty to many outsiders, but to those of us who live in the region, it's needed to remain that way. Everything anyone can want is located not far away, here in Destin, and even across the pass over into FWB. I also know that change is already here, in the way people shop and buy, and Commercial retail construction will not be needed in the future, more than what is already here.

I'm not anti-progress, but I am anti-excess. We have excess already, and we've had it for years. No need to alter the landscape and environment of 98 in So Wal with yet more retail and strip mall construction. There's already plenty, not at full capacity, all around.
Every piece of private property along 98 in SoWal is quickly being developed. There is no stopping it but we can have high standards to the way property is developed, density, and appearance. Although not sure if much is going to change now that the barn door is open.

DENOLA

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach

Oh! Well there we go, since you feel like we have enough then we should be fine. Phew! I was concerned for second but now I’m OK knowing that you think we have enough and for making the decision that I have enough “excess”around me.
Also, thank you for assuming what it’s like to live where I do off the 30A and know what it’s like to drive or sit in traffic and construction for 40min just to go to Destin or 35 min to PCB to get anything done to run my household. The opportunity to create jobs, inject money into our local economy while spending less gas, time and money driving into other cities is more of an interest to me.

Last edited:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Oh! Well there we go, since you feel like we have enough then we should be fine. Phew! I was concerned for second but now I’m OK knowing that you think we have enough and for making the decision that I have enough “excess”around me.
Also, thank you for assuming what it’s like to live where I do off the 30A and know what it’s like to drive or sit in traffic and construction for 40min just to go to Destin or 35 min to PCB to get anything done to run my household. The opportunity to create jobs, inject money into our local economy while spending less gas, time and money driving into other cities is more of an interest to me.
What do you need in Destin or PCB to run your household? Do you mean for work to earn a living? Why wouldn't you just live where you work?

DENOLA

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
What do you need in Destin or PCB to run your household? Do you mean for work to earn a living? Why wouldn't you just live where you work?
What do you need in Destin or PCB to run your household? Do you mean for work to earn a living? Why wouldn't you just live where you
We do live where we work and play, perhaps not assume that we don’t.
We work/live/operate our business, home, my mothers home and our rental homes in the 30A area. Household management refers to the various tasks and chores associated with the organization, financial management , and day-to-day operations for our home.
So while I enjoy getting items delivered from Amazon it is easier sometimes to be able to get what we need if we could drive a shorter distance. There is only one store near us to buy a TV, a sad WalMart on 98 that is always tapped out of product. Only one grocery store chain (Publix) unless I drive to Destin (Whole Foods). We aren’t tourists or snowbirds and asking for better commercial services or opportunities shouldn’t be such a controversy.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
We work/live/operate our business, home, my mothers home and our rental homes in the 30A area. Household management refers to the various tasks and chores associated with the organization, financial management , and day-to-day operations for our home.
So while I enjoy getting items delivered from Amazon it is easier sometimes to be able to get what we need if we could drive a shorter distance. There is only one store near us to buy a TV, a sad WalMart on 98 that is always tapped out of product. Only one grocery store chain (Publix) unless I drive to Destin (Whole Foods). We aren’t tourists or snowbirds and asking for better commercial services or opportunities shouldn’t be such a controversy.
Most people who live here or move here respect the quality of life and precious natural environment.

Those who want it to be more like where they came from or turn it in to Destin aren't welcome.

Sad Walmart :doh:
Perhaps you should move to somewhere you have more TV choices which is very important for managing households.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

It always is when people move here and act shocked that they have to drive a little further to get things. You come across as a whiny newbie. Does the June grass also offend your senses?