• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I am familiar with fatty tumors because all three of the miniature poodles we've had got them when they got old. But Pepper is just 4.

It looked like a full dog tick to me, round and bluish in color. But when I finally got through all of her thick, curly black hair to examine it closer, I didn't see any legs.

The vet lanced it a several days ago and fluid came out. The culture came back positive for a staph infection, so he put her on antibiotics. On Thursday when we took her in for surgery, we had trouble finding it, but finally the vet found it. After the surgery he sent it to UGA for a biopsy. He calls it a tumor, but I am hoping that it is just a cyst. He also sent a blood sample to the local hospital to see what type of staph she has. Coincidentally my husband has a staph infection. We wanted the same lab that did his culture to do Pepper's to see if they have the same type of staph.

Thanks for the suggestions and concern.

Last edited:
cancer information

wondered if you heard of this vet who specializes in treating dogs with cancer?
he has a book and web site devoted to the subject. I am reading both b/c I believe there is a connection between diet,living environs, and stress, We recognize this connection in humans but not always with dogs....anyway...here is the link
Is The Cause of Cancer Really Not Known?

wondered if you heard of this vet who specializes in treating dogs with cancer?
he has a book and web site devoted to the subject. I am reading both b/c I believe there is a connection between diet,living environs, and stress, We recognize this connection in humans but not always with dogs....anyway...here is the link
Is The Cause of Cancer Really Not Known?
So many breeders from whom we considered buying a black standard poodle insisted on the BARF diet. I didn't do that. Maybe it's time to start.

FRUIT AND VEGETABLE PART OF DIET - page 1

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
whew...I am so glad about the report!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
OMG y'all have gone through so much. So glad to hear it was not cancer.
She is such a beautiful dog.:clap: