• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bdc63

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2006
Md for now, but dreaming of SoWal
Why do you need this? Just lower your price, it will show up as a lower price in MLS, you may take a loss or you may not take a loss. What does it matter? It is all about the market, what someone is willing to pay for your property. Just my $.02.:dunno:

This Real Estate site was created after being part of a substantial real estate loss. In 2005 I partnered with two others on a vacant lot in Destin, Florida with intentions of building a "spec" home. After closing and some delays we decided to sell our vacant land for $100,000 less than our original purchase price. That capital loss was then added to broker fees,
interest paid, and closing cost for a total of approximately $170,000.

maybe it is a FSBO site, with no/minimum commissions and fees :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
maybe it is a FSBO site, with no/minimum commissions and fees :dunno:
It is difficult to tell because they don't list the brokerage name beside the contact (Realtor) name and number on each page of their site (which I am fairly certain is a violation of law), but I believe that White Sands Realty does charge for their listings.

One other thing of which is a concern to me regarding this particular marketing technique is that it shows the motivation of the seller. I sure hope they are not taking the listings as a Single Agent or Transaction Brokerage. If so, they may also be breaking the Realtors Code of Ethics.

I think that before they spent money on flying a banner around, they should have read up on some basic rules and laws.

Last edited:

bdc63

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2006
Md for now, but dreaming of SoWal
One other thing of which is a concern to me regarding this particular marketing technique is that it shows the motivation of the seller. I sure hope they are not taking the listings as a Single Agent or Transaction Brokerage. If so, they may also be breaking the Realtors Code of Ethics.

I think that it might be an interesting marketing technique. I gotta tell ya, as a potential buyer if I could sort the MLS by "sellers that HAVE to sell, and will consider ANY offer", I would love it.

And as for the Realtors Code of Ethics, I suspect there was some 'bending' of the code during the orgy known as the real estate boom, and I suspect there will be some 'bending' as the bust continues to unfold.

Last edited:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I see the comment about the crickets and no buyers. Any information on the number of houses under contract along 30-A? I've heard rumor that Watercolor has seen a spike in activity. Can anyone confirm?

There has been an increase in activity in Watercolor with several homes under contract. If you want the exact numbers PM me with your email address.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
There has been an increase in activity in Watercolor with several homes under contract. If you want the exact numbers PM me with your email address.

There has been a definite increase in activity in home sales in Watercolor, especially compared to 2006. Good news for the market. I have also noticed a bit of an uptick in Rosemary, but not much activity in Watersound or Alys. Anyone know whats going on in Cypress Dunes, The Preserve and property outside the major developments? How about land and condo sales?

I believe Watercolor also fared better than the other communities in 2006--although better than the others wasn't saying much. I have always thought Watercolor had the broadest appeal and would do better than the other areas in downturns or upturns.

It will be interesting to see what prices these homes are going for and to see how the actual closings in Walton County in Feb, March and April will actually compare to 2006 and 2005 when the Real Trend reports are issued.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
There has been a definite increase in activity in home sales in Watercolor, especially compared to 2006. Good news for the market. I have also noticed a bit of an uptick in Rosemary, but not much activity in Watersound or Alys. Anyone know whats going on in Cypress Dunes, The Preserve and property outside the major developments? ....

Lots have recently sold for around $200k in the Preserve at Grayton Beach.
Kelly Hamilton at Coldwell Banker 850.622.1074 (CELL: 850.225.7337)
did a great job of helping a friend of mine find a good deal on a lot there.

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006

Any time several homes is a "spike" you know it ain't pretty. There are a few deals to be had however, and some sellers realize this isn't going to end tomorrow.