• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
To all,

Thank you for your questions & concerns. Due to my schedule over the next three days I may not be able to keep up with this forum and may answer questions from multiple members in one response. I will try to respond to all posts twice daily thru Friday morning, but if you don't hear from me please contact us at Higgenbotham Auctioneers. Our number is (800) 257-4161.

or
http://www.higgenbotham.com

BTW, You can only register to download bid packets on our website. it is not a place to register to bid.

We look forward to seeing you all at the auction.

Signed,

A "Professional Ringman" :D

BTW,

To all R/E brokers & salespeople:

We pay (from our commission) participating brokers/salespeople who are registered by their buyers in advance of the auction.

If you believe you have an interested party please call our office, ask for Karen, and let her know you need a BP form for the North Florida sale. She'll provided details and fax it to you right away.

Karen Jones
(800) 257-4161
8:30-5:30 EST

Amp22 said:
Actually, auctions are quite common these days. We've had them here for years. Now if you see a list of foreclosures in the area - let us know ( absolutely:roll: ).
Amp,

You're absolutely right! In 2005 Higgenbotham sold right at $100 Million worth of real estate at auction throughout the U.S.

None were due to foreclosure.
None were due to bancruptcy or distress.

The auction process is merely another method of marketing.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
highbidder said:
Cork-
Like you, I represent the seller. Our fiduciary responsibility is to the seller.
Sounds like dangerous legal grounds on your part to say this, unless of course, you are acting as a Single Agency, where the Broker is the fiduciary. You should not assume that Cork works as a Single Agency Brokerage, because most agents in this area are not Single Agents, but Transaction Agencies.

highbidder said:
By the same token, we must always treat our buyers with respect, otherwise we have no buyers for future sales. Our buyers will only pay what they are willing to pay. When was the last time you told a buyer they were paying too much for your seller's property?...
You cannot lawfully tell a buyer that unless you are working as a Single Agent, and then you can say it and should if it is true, if you have their best interest in mind as required by the Realtor's Code of Ethics.

highbidder said:
We are selling "AS IS". Please bid accordingly.

You mention that the buyer has the right to inspect the property after the purchase, but if the contract is "as-is," that leaves the buyer in a bind if it is not to his or her liking. Is this correct?

Smiling JOe said:
Sounds like dangerous legal grounds on your part to say this, unless of course, you are acting as a Single Agency, where the Broker is the fiduciary. You should not assume that Cork works as a Single Agency Brokerage, because most agents in this area are not Single Agents, but Transaction Agencies.

You cannot lawfully tell a buyer that unless you are working as a Single Agent, and then you can say it and should if it is true, if you have their best interest in mind as required by the Realtor's Code of Ethics.

You mention that the buyer has the right to inspect the property after the purchase, but if the contract is "as-is," that leaves the buyer in a bind if it is not to his or her liking. Is this correct?

Joe,

I'm smiling, too. I stand by all earlier responses. Please re-read each question by Cork in the context which it was intended, and my reply to same.

The auction process is fair, open to all, and works well. Conventional brokers can reap the benefits, and are certainly invited to participate.

It is not my intention enter a debate forum, but only to answer legitimate questions about these properties and the auction process. We look forward to seeing each of you there on Saturday. Remember, you only pay one bid more than the last guy.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I just remembered, auctions are not required to provide the Agency Disclosure to a customer. Please bid accordingly. ;-)

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Well, I think the auction is a good thing. I will be there. I think the market will heat back up and the people who are buying up the property now that can hold on to it will be glad they did when the market heats up. :D I just think the negative comments about the auction are worried realtors. :eek: There are always good deals to be made at auctions. The people selling their properties know they have to come down off the ridiculous prices that most people are trying to get for properties that have been for sale for a year. When the prices go down there is a deal to be made.... I will be there and maybe a year from now I can flip the property I bought for a deal at auction to the negative onlookers :dunno: for my profit. :clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There is nothing wrong with an auction, if the buyer is very informed of the contract and the property, and he or she knows there is no out to the sale.

In the ECAR (emerald coast assoc. of relators) listings, for the last six months, there are two condos which show as sold in auctions in SoWal. Either the properties are not moving, or the Auction people are not properly recording them with ECAR.

If they are not selling, I read a bit of fluff. ;-)

FWIW,

The five houses being sold at auction on Saturday will be open one more time for preview from 9:30am-10:30am Saturday morning. The auction will be held at 11:00am Saturday March 4 at Cafe 30A.

This auction was actually put together by Jim Phillips and Michael Harbin of 30A Realty and 30A Auction Services. You are probably aware that they are both SoWal real estate agents. You may not have been aware that they are also quite familiar with the auction process.

You are welcome to call Michael or Jim at the following numbers. They'll be glad to answer your questions and/or show you the properties between now and sale time. You may also call me or Laura Whitt at the 800-number below if you have any questions specifically related to the auction process.

Jim Phillips' Cell 850-276-1316
Michael Harbin's Cell 334-233-2362

We look forward to seeing you at the auction!

Regards,

Scott Oglesby
Higgenbotham Auctioneers
Lakeland, FL
(800) 257-4161