• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PearlSB4U

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2010
I had naively assumed that all the beach in front of the principal dune was public, but in Blue Mtn today I saw signs that on the beach that said "Blue Lupine Owners and Guests Only."

Can someone please explain the laws re which parts of the beach are public vs. private?

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Wow - Surprised you have not seen all the discussion on this forum about it! Search "public private beach"
lawsuits, trespassing, arrests, oh my!

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I had naively assumed that all the beach in front of the principal dune was public, but in Blue Mtn today I saw signs that on the beach that said "Blue Lupine Owners and Guests Only."

Can someone please explain the laws re which parts of the beach are public vs. private?
Nope, it is clear as mud! The lawyers are still fighting it out, but I believe law enforcement had decided they are done with being beach bouncers so don't worry about it too much.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is a travesty! The people who own at The Inn At Blue Mt. Beach and the Reserve should be totally ashamed of the ugly, unnecessary signage they have constructed on such beautiful, pristine beaches. It is the epitome of greed and lack of caring for others, IMO.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
It is a travesty! The people who own at The Inn At Blue Mt. Beach and the Reserve should be totally ashamed of the ugly, unnecessary signage they have constructed on such beautiful, pristine beaches. It is the epitome of greed and lack of caring for others, IMO.

But Andy, these are the same people who had ripped up the beach for miles with their large dump trucks. What's a little signage to them now?

PearlSB4U

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2010
Wow - Surprised you have not seen all the discussion on this forum about it! Search "public private beach"
lawsuits, trespassing, arrests, oh my!

Thanks. I found a thread from July 2011 that shed some light on the issue.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis

They are not the only ones that have put up signs, there are others.

Winelover

Beach Lover
Dec 31, 2011
Private Beach?? What is that!! What is the human race down grading to...This is All God's beach....remove the signs!!

tailwagger

Beach Fanatic
Dec 9, 2004
Beaches should be managed by dogs. Humans should be on leashes and require permits, and restricted hours.