• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WTLB

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2008
I would like to see a forum where I can stand at a microphone & podium and ask my question directly to the candidates so all can hear the answer. Having the WRWF formulate the questions is just not the same. But it's their "show."

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I would like to see a forum where I can stand at a microphone & podium and ask my question directly to the candidates so all can hear the answer. Having the WRWF formulate the questions is just not the same. But it's their "show."

Maybe we will see something like that but so far I have not seen anyone suggest that format. Everyone feels that someone would be 'attacked' on a personal level instead of the issues. I know that WRWF is working on questions to ask. Email your question to CGC2Oaks@aol.com. Who knows, it may get included in those randomly drawn. Each candidate will be asked to respond to the same question. I think they are going to try to work to find some differences between the candidates on the issues posted.

WTLB

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2008
I understand what you are saying how that might create a forum for personal attacks. Seems to work at other forums I've attended.

Actually the whole sheriff's race could be considered an attack on the incumbent.

I'll e-mail the WRWF with my poignant questions. Maybe they will pick one that the candidates can answer without having to take too much of a stand on an issue.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I understand what you are saying how that might create a forum for personal attacks. Seems to work at other forums I've attended.

Actually the whole sheriff's race could be considered an attack on the incumbent.

I'll e-mail the WRWF with my poignant questions. Maybe they will pick one that the candidates can answer without having to take too much of a stand on an issue.

Come on. We need questions submitted that force us to see what it is that these candidates stand for. I know most of them personally and while it is very hard to tell at these forums know that they do not think alike on all the issues. Then there are a couple that I do not have a clue where they stand on things like public vs private beaches. When they refuse to even come online to this forum and answer a few simple questions, that is a bit of a red flag to me. I distrust government types that do not want to put anything in writing but will gladly meet with you one on one.

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
Come on. We need questions submitted that force us to see what it is that these candidates stand for. I know most of them personally and while it is very hard to tell at these forums know that they do not think alike on all the issues. Then there are a couple that I do not have a clue where they stand on things like public vs private beaches. When they refuse to even come online to this forum and answer a few simple questions, that is a bit of a red flag to me. I distrust government types that do not want to put anything in writing but will gladly meet with you one on one.

I'm sure I could come up with a few questions ;-)
I won't burden them with the task of having to sort through all of them though... :rotfl:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The format to be used tomorrow night stinks, IMO. Many times at meetings I am unaware of the question I want to ask until a speaker puts it in my mind. I am sure some others are like that, too, and would rather "wing it" than try to prepare what are usually questions so broad in scope they are repeated by others. It is the WRWF's show but I, for one, certainly don't think much of the format. I will be interested to see how it plays out, however.

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
worth a peek

Looking at most all local web sites this weekend I found cooper to have a style similar to that. h
He answered questions sent by emails I guess. But the answers are in a video. Ive never seen this before. Its very cool. Very forward thinking. Interesting approach. Hey, the tech is there. Lets use it I say.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

I was told the the Sheriff's shoot-out in Darlington is going to be open mic from the audience. Ought to be a hoot.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I was told the the Sheriff's shoot-out in Darlington is going to be open mic from the audience. Ought to be a hoot.

I'm thinking a hoot like karaoke- which is more uncomfortable than a hoot.