• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
"Just another day in paradise" with or without seaweed. I still want a pool table though.

well then go to House of Klaus in Grayton Beach, have lunch or dinner and play pool - they have a table! or drive into PCB to skate, bowl and play pool!

Yes I have bought produce from Seaside but I was thinking on a bigger scale. Seaside is great but I have a big truck and can not park very easily. I have not tried the 331 place yet. I do not like the produce in grocery stores. I like produce that ripens without chemicals. I also like fresh salad bars in resturants but realize that the produce is not organic so I am expessing a conflicting fantasy regarding the "farmers market". I did not know that about the rise and fall of 30A tv. That is a shame. I also would like to know ALL the scientific evidence of oil and dispersants as it relates to everything in the ocean ecosystem. I have very little confidence that we will ever be presented with ALL the evidence. In an effort to move on I prefer to find ways with dealing with the problem- more seaweed that may or may not have anything to do with oil. I do not think any of us has that answer.

good tomatoes and other veggies at Cotton's on 331/Freeport.
also I find it very difficult to find good BBQ in Florida but we found it at 98 BBQ. (they have the best gumbo too)

I am indeed familiar with the seaside rep. and the local music. I was referring venues. I don't go to bars (typically where you can catch local music) and parking along 30A during an event proves challenging.

well, we just aren't a "city" with big performing centers or museums, but if you are willing to drive a little (45 minutes or less) you can find Sinfonia (performances nearby), NWF Symphony, excellent professional & college productions at Mattie Kelly Arts Center at NWF College.

I gotta plug the REP though because we are very fortunate to have a professional theatre here. The Seaside REP presents an impressive array of professional theatre productions. Also, the REP puts on outdoor plays for family/kids all summer long. Several special music performances at the REP theatre auditorium have been a hit.

Grit and Grace puts on an annual performance/play about the history and characters of Walton County. It is always excellent.

Live music venues have multiplied over the last few years, including seasonal concert series up and down 30A and beyond (Alys Beach, Rosemary Beach, Carillon Beach, Seaside, Baytowne, Pier Park - a large venue, etc). The line ups are impressive. Smaller music venues are sometimes the best. Many restaurants/bars feature favorite local singers/musicians... and we do have talent around here!

The festivals and community events are wonderful and diverse. One of my favorites is Arts Quest in Seaside - on Mothers Day weekend - the crowds have not hit town and its a pleasure to stroll through. There are many other wonderful festivals and events throughout the year - some are definitely crowded if in the high season.

Last edited:

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
It makes me happy that my comments have sparked some great replies, information and enthusiasm for the local arts! I love the community pride as well!! :)

Thank you all!