• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Mermaid said:
Here's my menu for next week when we're in Seagrove. Maybe it will be a little useful to you.

FRIDAY (arrival day)
Dinner: deli meal picked up from Publix since we're going there anyway to get milk and eggs for the week

SATURDAY
Lunch: tuna fish sandwiches
Dinner: chili Throw a bunch of cans together--beans, tomatoes, etc, and you have a good quick meal. Ice cream for dessert.

SUNDAY
Lunch: yogurt and fruit
Dinner: chicken stir-fry; bought a bottle of stir fry sauce at Trader Joe's and the fresh veggies and chicken breasts will come from Publix

MONDAY
Lunch: leftover chili from Saturday night
Dinner: Pasta and salad

TUESDAY
Lunch: cheese and crackers
Dinner: leftover chicken stir-fry from Sunday night; make fresh rice

WEDNESDAY
Lunch: yogurt or tuna fish sandwich
Dinner: fresh fish, baked potatoes, salad

THURSDAY
Lunch: soup (from a packet) and salad, chips on side
Dinner: out for dinner, let someone else cook tonight!

FRIDAY
Lunch: yogurt and fruit for the trip back home

You'll see I'm making good use of leftovers. I like the idea of cooking once and get twice the meals from it!
are you kidding me! you really plan everything out. i am amazed.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:lolabove: watch out jfunn...she might have a schedule for you, too! Mermy that is quite amazing. I am too spontaneous for that. What if you get up one morning and fruit makes you want to :puke: , can you change your mind?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Sueshore said:
:lolabove: watch out jfunn...she might have a schedule for you, too! Mermy that is quite amazing. I am too spontaneous for that. What if you get up one morning and fruit makes you want to :puke: , can you change your mind?

Exactly. We always stock up on the neccesities like junk food and cervesa, then just let destiny take its course.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sueshore said:

Silly kitty, of course you can change your mind. All you need to do is eat Wednesday's meal on Tuesday or Thursday's meal on Sunday...mix and match all the way. Mermaid is quite capable of being spontaneous (within the frame work of my list, of course ;-) )!!!!

Jessifunn, are you ready for another sandcastle cake???

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Mermaid said:
Silly kitty, of course you can change your mind. All you need to do is eat Wednesday's meal on Tuesday or Thursday's meal on Sunday...mix and match all the way. Mermaid is quite capable of being spontaneous (within the frame work of my list, of course ;-) )!!!!

Jessifunn, are you ready for another sandcastle cake???

What are you having for dinner Friday night?1? :dunno:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
gotothebeachmom said:
What are you having for dinner Friday night?1? :dunno:

What are we having for dinner Friday night? Well, since we're headed your way on Friday, I thought you'd feed us!!! Or shall we do it the Miss Kitty way and make reservations. :rotfl:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Mermaid said:
What are we having for dinner Friday night? Well, since we're headed your way on Friday, I thought you'd feed us!!! Or shall we do it the Miss Kitty way and make reservations. :rotfl:

Just teasing. GTTBD got in from his conference today and we were just discussing dinner next Friday! We're on it. Hopfully you'll like it. Cammifunn has suggested carrots, and green beans of the strained variety. We're going in a different direction!;-)

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
^5 Mermaid! I too plan out the menu for the week. But we are sharing a house with 3 other families. If you don't plan you end up spending WAY too much on food.

The one thing I do bring -- that everyone laughed at the first year -- is my crock pot. The first full day on the beach, I throw a brisket in it. No one wants to come off the beach to cook, so by the time the sun goes down, dinner is done and its easy and awesome dinner, and leftovers go into the lunch mix.

I guess I'm a closet Martha :D

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Mermaid said:
Here's my menu for next week when we're in Seagrove. Maybe it will be a little useful to you.

FRIDAY (arrival day)
Dinner: deli meal picked up from Publix since we're going there anyway to get milk and eggs for the week

SATURDAY
Lunch: tuna fish sandwiches
Dinner: chili Throw a bunch of cans together--beans, tomatoes, etc, and you have a good quick meal. Ice cream for dessert.

SUNDAY
Lunch: yogurt and fruit
Dinner: chicken stir-fry; bought a bottle of stir fry sauce at Trader Joe's and the fresh veggies and chicken breasts will come from Publix

MONDAY
Lunch: leftover chili from Saturday night
Dinner: Pasta and salad

TUESDAY
Lunch: cheese and crackers
Dinner: leftover chicken stir-fry from Sunday night; make fresh rice

WEDNESDAY
Lunch: yogurt or tuna fish sandwich
Dinner: fresh fish, baked potatoes, salad

THURSDAY
Lunch: soup (from a packet) and salad, chips on side
Dinner: out for dinner, let someone else cook tonight!

FRIDAY
Lunch: yogurt and fruit for the trip back home

You'll see I'm making good use of leftovers. I like the idea of cooking once and get twice the meals from it!
I mean this is a detailed list right down to when you eat the leftovers and by the way "make fresh rice" on Tuesday. :D

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
My menu for the week while on vacation

Saturday - Eat out

Sunday - Eat out

Monday - Eat out

Tuesday - Eat Out

Wednesday - Eat Out

Thursday - Eat Out

Friday - Eat Out

(OK maybe not every night - but most nights)

Part of the fun of vacation for us - is going to different places. We hit the old favorites and every time we try at least one new place - that will hopefully become a new favorite.

Wish I could be like Mermaid - etc - sure would save us some money - but I love going to our favorite restaurants - plus it helps the local economy!!!!