• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bikermomof2

Beach Comber
Oct 17, 2007
Oak Ridge, TN
We stayed there summer before last w/ family (8 adults, 6 kids). It's a great place to stay. Rented adjoining duplexes. Tastefully decorated and fabulous for familes. Directly on the beach w/it's own stairs down. Pool is very close (Summer's Edge has 2 pools - one on Ryan and one on Chelsea). You can actually holler up drink orders and people on the deck can hear you:D! You can leave your stuff on the beach (no hauling all that stuff in wagons). Probably the best family vacation we've ever had.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
We stayed there summer before last w/ family (8 adults, 6 kids). It's a great place to stay. Rented adjoining duplexes. Tastefully decorated and fabulous for familes. Directly on the beach w/it's own stairs down. Pool is very close (Summer's Edge has 2 pools - one on Ryan and one on Chelsea). You can actually holler up drink orders and people on the deck can hear you:D! You can leave your stuff on the beach (no hauling all that stuff in wagons). Probably the best family vacation we've ever had.

Just thought I'd pop up here and let you know that leaving stuff on the beach is not only not a good idea...it's now illegal.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
The big reason is that it interferes with endangered nesting turtles- they come ashore and lay their eggs at night, and then the baby turtles go out to sea at night when they hatch.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Hey, Miss Kitty! Why is it illegal to leave your chairs/umbrellas, etc. on the beach overnight? Just curious...thanks!!!

That would be a county ordinance. They will remove everything from the beach and no guarantee you can get it back. It was mostly for the turtles as some of the "tent cities" can prevent them from nesting.

Bikermomof2

Beach Comber
Oct 17, 2007
Oak Ridge, TN
Thanks for the info! I had no idea...rentals should include that kind of info. Course, I notice "no dogs" on the beach signs everywhere and no one seems to adhere to that either.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Thanks for the info! I had no idea...rentals should include that kind of info. Course, I notice "no dogs" on the beach signs everywhere and no one seems to adhere to that either.

I think there is some sort of time frame when a dog can/can't be on the beach.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I think there is some sort of time frame when a dog can/can't be on the beach.
Regarding dogs on the beach; you need a permit to take pooch on the beach, to get a permit you need to own property in Walton County and finally they can only be on the beach in the morning and evening (not sure of the times ). Oh, and they must be on a leash at all times.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Regarding dogs on the beach; you need a permit to take pooch on the beach, to get a permit you need to own property in Walton County and finally they can only be on the beach in the morning and evening (not sure of the times ). Oh, and they must be on a leash at all times.

Here are the times permitted dogs can be on the beach.

Standard Time 3:00pm - 9:00am
Daylight Savings Time 6:00pm - 8:00am