• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Interesting post and article Joe. Where did you find this article? Perhaps you could give us the source, to verify.

You think I should turn these guys on to some wetlands down here? I know several ppl willing to sell some. Thanks again for the info. Unfortunately, the people most likely to be taken advantage of these scams, probably don't read this board. Oh Well. I'll tell all the little 'ole ladies and men to not fall for the scam.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Swampland in SoWal was $30k/acre last I heard but that's probably low now.

Yes, that is low price for wetlands. I know someone who just last week, turned down an offer of $240,000 for 1 acre of wetlands in South Walton. Of course it is located South of Hwy 98, but it is still located some 800 ft off of the road. There is an easement to the property, but no existing road. You would have to mitigate land to put in the road in addition to mitigating more land to put in a house.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
Swampland in SoWal was $30k/acre last I heard but that's probably low now.

Yes, that is low price for wetlands. I know someone who just last week, turned down an offer of $240,000 for 1 acre of wetlands in South Walton. Of course it is located South of Hwy 98, but it is still located some 800 ft off of the road. There is an easement to the property, but no existing road. You would have to mitigate land to put in the road in addition to mitigating more land to put in a house.

I can see how numbers might work out for that. I guess I was thinking more of the price for mitigation land.

Sunnybeach

Beach Crab
Apr 25, 2006
Thanks to all in this thread for throwing out the yellow flag for me and any number of others. Those NRLL folks from Irvine are trolling in the West Palm Beach area. We just got a postcard referencing our high-and-dry, accessible agricultural property in an antiquated subdivision, located in a generally hot area. Recent neighboring sales showed values above the $50K/acre range (10 acre minimum lot size zoning), up from $30K two years ago. Your SoWal thread appeared in my google search (as did the article quoted in the thread). I recall a cautionary article along those lines in the Palm Beach Post about a year ago. Again, thanks for your skepticism.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Sunnybeach said:
Thanks to all in this thread for throwing out the yellow flag for me and any number of others. Those NRLL folks from Irvine are trolling in the West Palm Beach area. We just got a postcard referencing our high-and-dry, accessible agricultural property in an antiquated subdivision, located in a generally hot area. Recent neighboring sales showed values above the $50K/acre range (10 acre minimum lot size zoning), up from $30K two years ago. Your SoWal thread appeared in my google search (as did the article quoted in the thread). I recall a cautionary article along those lines in the Palm Beach Post about a year ago. Again, thanks for your skepticism.

:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Joe said:
I got the article by searching http://www.Google.com. Just go to Google and enter:

Robert Friedman and Jeffrey Frieden

You will get many articles.

According to one article, they once sold stereos and back rubs prior to getting into the real estate business...

http://www.gtconnect.com/articles/2005/01/02/news/the_west/west03.txt

Ya know,...following stories about this unwinding real estate boom just keeps gettin' better and better. :D

Haven't got my letter yet, is the return envelope postage paid--I've got something I'd like to send them back. ;-)