• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
Thanks to you that have given me your opinion. I will eventually sell the lot (bordering 30A) and have had lots of people giving me advice (realtors, etc...). The advice has been about 50/50 on the subject. It will probably just boil down to personal preference, but as Kurt said being able to advertise gulf view is great. Thanks again.

Philip_Atlanta

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2005
www.rosemaryrental.com
In my experience - In a beach area, proximity to the beach typically seems to be the #1 issue on the mind of most buyers and renters. Consequentially, you'll find higher rental rates and higher values.

Personally, I'd go for the view of the gulf (even though, as pointed out it is temporary) over overlooking the pool.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sueshore said:
Do most people buy with renters in mind instead of themselves?

Sueshore, that's such an interesting question to mull over! Hand me the bottle of vino, please, it's going to take a while...

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Mermaid said:
Sueshore, that's such an interesting question to mull over! Hand me the bottle of vino, please, it's going to take a while...

Why thank you Mermaid! You know me...just curious as a cat about other people and what makes them tick. BTW...we bought for ourselves...but sure wish we had bought MORE for renters!!!! :clap_1: I can't wait to hear your response....mostly because I will be able to understand it!!!!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Sueshore said:

We bought with ourselves in mind for the present (while kids are young), for the mid-term (when the kids go off to college), and for the long-term (when the kids come back to visit with their own families). And for retirement as well. The rentals are a very nice bonus.

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
Sueshore said:
Good question Sueshore. There just seems to be such a hugh variety of buyers out there. So many for themselves and so many for rental. It will be interesting to see what happens. I have a condo at Seacrest by the pool too and it is so funny how many people want to be closer to the gulf view and every other one wants to be by that big pool. Just personal preference I guess. Hopefully one day someone will come along that wants my lot on 30A and if I'm real lucky I can retain some of that view.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Sueshore said:

I think the attitude has changed considerably over the last 3 years.

Used to be that people viewed their beach home as a place for peaceful enjoyment; a place to make memories and share good times....

...then the real estate frenzy/money grab changed things...

....now folks are simply looking at the "bottom line" when it comes to their homes (both primary and vacation)...what a shame.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
SHELLY said:
I think the attitude has changed considerably over the last 3 years.

Used to be that people viewed their beach home as a place for peaceful enjoyment; a place to make memories and share good times....

...then the real estate frenzy/money grab changed things...

....now folks are simply looking at the "bottom line" when it comes to their homes (both primary and vacation)...what a shame.

Do you think all folks are simply "bottom liners" ? :dunno: