• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
You are not getting it. We must move forward and improve from the past. It most definitely was a lost cause because slavery is morally wrong. Period. And trying to dress is up in some southern heritage costume is condoning not only slavery, but insurrection in the name of slavery. We must try to improve as a specie or the past will drag us into the depths of ignorance.
This is why liberals are now more open to conservative values than I believe ever before. Not one person has condoned slavery in my entire 67 years of life. Born and raised in the South. Proud of my Southern Heritage. I honestly do not know of anyone who would condone anything that is immoral including slavery. That is nonsense logic. Just because I love my Heritage I am associated with being a racist slavery condoning immoral piece of crap. No wonder people are pushing back on the woke cause. Our species is flawed. You need to accept this and improve yourself just like all of us need to do. Maybe if we set a better example for ourselves and stop calling people ignorant or immoral or worse it just might help our species. Or you can keep trying it your way and blame and shame everyone but yourself...

The Civil War was fought because of money and power. If you believe it was fought to end slavery then I suggest reading, listening and learning more about the Civil War Causes from multiple sources. By the way my ancestors never owned a slave. How about your heritage?

Last edited:

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
You are not getting it. We must move forward and improve from the past. It most definitely was a lost cause because slavery is morally wrong. Period. And trying to dress is up in some southern heritage costume is condoning not only slavery, but insurrection in the name of slavery. We must try to improve as a specie or the past will drag us into the depths of ignorance.
This

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
This is why liberals are now more open to conservative values than I believe ever before. Not one person has condoned slavery in my entire 67 years of life. Born and raised in the South. Proud of my Southern Heritage. I honestly do not know of anyone who would condone anything that is immoral including slavery. That is nonsense logic. Just because I love my Heritage I am associated with being a racist slavery condoning immoral piece of crap. No wonder people are pushing back on the woke cause. Our species is flawed. You need to accept this and improve yourself just like all of us need to do. Maybe if we set a better example for ourselves and stop calling people ignorant or immoral or worse it just might help our species. Or you can keep trying it your way and blame and shame everyone but yourself...

The Civil War was fought because of money and power. If you believe it was fought to end slavery then I suggest reading, listening and learning more about the Civil War Causes from multiple sources. By the way my ancestors never owned a slave. How about your heritage?
You don’t know anyone who would condone anything immoral?
You need to get out more because there are millions of people who are willing to elect a convicted fraudster/rapist to the highest office.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I get out just about every day. I talk to people every day. I have never heard anyone say that slavery was moral. That is the subject matter. I agree with what seems like an easy judgement of the people you speak about but the truth is we will never move forward if we hate and castigate. It might be too late. We are a tribal species and conflict is inevitable. The hope is in forgiveness. Without that what are we doing?

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I get out just about every day. I talk to people every day. I have never heard anyone say that slavery was moral. That is the subject matter. I agree with what seems like an easy judgement of the people you speak about but the truth is we will never move forward if we hate and castigate. It might be too late. We are a tribal species and conflict is inevitable. The hope is in forgiveness. Without that what are we doing?
Instead of listening to what they say watch what they do.
A person’s actions will tell you more about them than anything they will ever reveal through conversation.
I’m going to bow out now and just want you to know I respect you and enjoy your posts. We disagree some but agree more often.

Jane

Beach Fanatic
May 14, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach FL
All those things are a part of human history, part of human nature and part of life on this good planet. That is the truth and you know it. Judging other groups of people does not make you better AND is not helping any cause. The more you do this the more it becomes a "lost cause"...
You take yourself too far in trying to be reasonable and equitable here. We have a moral obligation to judge the groups he mentions. Do not defend them here.

"racists, bigots, xenophobes, and homophobes"

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I'm not sure why it has to be on public grounds? Why not move it over to the Heritage Museum?
The Heritage Museum is a train caboose by the railroad tracks. If we ever get train service back, that would be hellacious.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
You take yourself too far in trying to be reasonable and equitable here. We have a moral obligation to judge the groups he mentions. Do not defend them here.

"racists, bigots, xenophobes, and homophobes"
I will take reasonable and equitable over hate any day of the week and twice on Sunday :)

CeCe S

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2022
30A area
So it can be in everyone’s face to remind them the belief in racial superiority stills exists.
You sound like the radical…. Get rid of history! Hid it under a rug! and everything about southern history is solely about slavery… blah blah blah. Economics,$$$, is always behind power of govt … not human rights like they claim! wake up! It was ALSO about state rights and the federal govt’s infringement. The south built jobs and was the economic engine despite what the govt’s efforts tried to destroy! Just like they TRIED to do again during Covid. And where did all the libs run… the “deplorable” south!!! Go figure! ”Those who do not learn from the experience of history are doomed to repeat it”! People like you are the PERFECT pawn for the govts propaganda, especially today! Bc they haven’t stopped their efforts to infringe on America’s rights. Instead of focusing on just the south they are going after ALL of America. Good grief.