• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Grayton Beach, nope. Weddings, never. Snowbirds are the best.

Income model is simple. While expecting nothing in return from family, friends, vendors, and clients, the returns have far exceeded an off season weekly rental rate. The experiences that our family and friends have had at the beach have been priceless. We are so glad that we could do that for them. Additionally, our vendors and clients have shown their monetary appreciation many times over.

Everyone says the same thing. Sowal has the most beautiful beaches, the best restaurants, and they would love to go back next year.

If you could afford it, go for it. Life is about the journey not the destination.

Okay, congratulations on finding snow birds that like big houses cause I haven't met one yet.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave: Miss Kitty. I would love to join you on one of my trips to SoWal and we can enjoy our beach homes and the beach together. Once the kids are in college, I'll be heading to SoWal much more often (that was the plan and it's getting closer).

There's nothing wrong with owning a beach home that one can easily afford--especially if it's on your "bucket list." Now...when one talks about a beach home as an "investment"--that's a whole different animal.

I think we three are all in agreement with this!

Paula...you have a wonderful plan! I can tell you from experience that this empty nest syndrome is a good one!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I think we three are all in agreement with this!

Paula...you have a wonderful plan! I can tell you from experience that this empty nest syndrome is a good one!

So far, the plan is working very well. Right now, I'm just savoring every moment I have with my daughters because the time is flying by. The girls and I REALLY know how to vacation and relax together, which is great because the hope is they'll want to have more these vacations together with me for a long, long time at the beach (and in Italy which is my other favorite vacation place but there I'm very happy renting). So far, they're hooked on both. I can't say I'm looking forward to the empty nest, but people say it's really very nice and I definitely have the dream of spending more time in SoWal to make the idea of the girls moving away more palatable! I need role models, and I bet you're a very good one!

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
Fyi

I think somewhere on this thread a question about condo association fees came up. I just got off the phone with an agent who represents WC, WS, and other St. Joe properties. She clarified that the condo association dues DOES cover all taxes and insurance on the condos. There is no additional insurance required or recommended other than personal property inside the dwelling. I thought you guys might like to know.:D