• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
We think we may have found a home in NatureWalk and plan to place it on the rental market until we can get down there full time. It has never been on the rental market and does not have a rental history. We will be getting some projections from companies, but history tells me those aren't always accurate. I was wondering if anyone here owns in NatureWalk and could let me know the average weeks per year to expect?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
If I owned a house in Naturewalk I would feel better about renting it out than actually living there. What I mean by that is that it seems to me that place is heading toward being a short term rental mecca quite quickly. Once that happens, you can count on the house being rented steadily as long as the price is right, which is great news if you want to rent a house out, but really, really bad if you want to live there full time. Naturewalk is destined to be a neighborhood where your neighbors are all big transient groups from the southeast and Texas looking to party and let their kids run wild.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
If I owned a house in Naturewalk I would feel better about renting it out than actually living there. What I mean by that is that it seems to me that place is heading toward being a short term rental mecca quite quickly. Once that happens, you can count on the house being rented steadily as long as the price is right, which is great news if you want to rent a house out, but really, really bad if you want to live there full time. Naturewalk is destined to be a neighborhood where your neighbors are all big transient groups from the southeast and Texas looking to party and let their kids run wild.
Shhhhh, I don't want to hear that, lol. So you think Origins is a better full-time play?

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Shhhhh, I don't want to hear that, lol. So you think Origins is a better full-time play?
I do. Publix and more commercial to walk and bike to coming and easy access to Panama city Beach. Plus golf and other nice amenities and lake access.

Joby

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
Origins does not allow short term rentals so it’s much more family friendly.

Beachywoman

Beach Crab
Feb 17, 2021
Seagrove Beach
I own in Naturewalk and although they do allow rentals, we are restricted in a 7 day minimum stay. Our neighborhood is comprised of 1/3 short term renters, 1/3 second homeowners, and 1/3 Full Time residents. There are strict guidelines in place for owners who rent and we are committed to keeping the community standards high as many of us plan to live there FT one day. It is certainly not a "party" neighborhood like the other poster suggested, and those of us who rent intend to keep it that way. Rental projections vary based on when/how much you plan to use the home as an owner, if it has a private pool, etc. Origins is very nice, but you cannot do STRs and it is not a 7 min bike ride to the beach.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I would not want to buy a home in a sub that allows short term rentals. Unless I wanted to rent one day. Anything near the beach without secure deed restrictions and covenant restrictions will all become short term rentals. Restrictions not recorded with deed or subdivision will probably change.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
I own in Naturewalk and although they do allow rentals, we are restricted in a 7 day minimum stay. Our neighborhood is comprised of 1/3 short term renters, 1/3 second homeowners, and 1/3 Full Time residents. There are strict guidelines in place for owners who rent and we are committed to keeping the community standards high as many of us plan to live there FT one day. It is certainly not a "party" neighborhood like the other poster suggested, and those of us who rent intend to keep it that way. Rental projections vary based on when/how much you plan to use the home as an owner, if it has a private pool, etc. Origins is very nice, but you cannot do STRs and it is not a 7 min bike ride to the beach.

Well, we are under contract for a home in NatureWalk, eeeck! We are excited. BUT, now the panic sets in a bit, lol. So here is my next question: we have owned along 30A in a small community with deeded beach access but it was a REAL problem once on the sand. The complex next to our access had employees shewing everyone off and same with a home owner on the other side. We then bought in community with beach access and loved the assurance of not being kicked off, but we sold for other reasons. So now in NatureWalk we are relying on the several public beach access points nearby- but how much space is there really? I’m suddenly getting nervous my renters will be unhappy and so will I?