• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
kurt said:
Anonymous said:
Kurt, I love the virtual tour of the millionaire shack, especially the picture of the kitchen with the big Green Stamp sign on the wall. I wonder if they bought the house by saving Green Stamps.

Smiling JOe

:lol:
It's a cool little place but a $Mil doesn't buy much in Grayton Beach.

Why don't they just go ahead an knock it down and then ask $1.500,000 for the porperty. Can you imagine trying to explaine that to an underwriter.... Well yes I understand it's only 1,000 sq feet and to replace it would only cost $150,000 but I need coverage for $1,500,000 :mrgreen:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
RiverOtter said:
kurt said:
Anonymous said:
Kurt, I love the virtual tour of the millionaire shack, especially the picture of the kitchen with the big Green Stamp sign on the wall. I wonder if they bought the house by saving Green Stamps.

Smiling JOe

:lol:
It's a cool little place but a $Mil doesn't buy much in Grayton Beach.

Why don't they just go ahead an knock it down and then ask $1.500,000 for the porperty. Can you imagine trying to explaine that to an underwriter.... Well yes I understand it's only 1,000 sq feet and to replace it would only cost $150,000 but I need coverage for $1,500,000 :mrgreen:

The lot is worth about a million but you can't insure land and wouldn't want to if you could.

Construction costs here are $200-400 per square foot and the cottage is about 2000 square feet.

Most people don't "knock down" historice cottages here. In fact many are brought in from elsewhere. Not everyone is interested in condo boxes, or 4-story stucco houses.

eek2.gif
$200 - $400/foot Kurt didn't mean to offend about Knocking Down the cottage. Just unbelievable prices :lol: [/img]

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
And I was complaining about $150,000 / foot here

holy crap, RiverOtter! where the heck do you live? The highest construction price I've heard around here is $1000/sf.