• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Cork On the Ocean said:
If you have time, email or call and we'll try to get together. When Paula gets here we're going on a sowal hunt :rotfl: , we might hunt you down.

I know Paula won't be there at the same time (I contacted her first about renting there but her cottages were booked and she very nicely referred me to one of her neighbors!) There are going to be several other Sowallers down in the area the same week (Jdarg, Peapod1980, Allifunn, Mermaid and Merman) so we'll have to plan a few get-togethers!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Yes, Lindabobhat, I'm jealous that you may meet up with all those SoWallers. But I'm happy because I'll be meeting with several SoWallers myself when I'm there in early May and a few in late June. As I said on the seawall audiovisual thread (which is a thread that got nasty :eek: ), I've been calling our guests during spring break and, among other things, asking them about the beach in our Seacrest Cottages at Camp Creek area and they say it has been beautiful. I'll see for myself in May so feel free to email me to see what's going on. Anyway, In May I'll see Allifunn and Cork on the Ocean as well as a few other people (and Cork and I are planning a Sowaller hunt as she said) as well as a few other people I know who aren't on this board -- isn't SoWal a wonderful place?!? I'm hoping to try some new restaurants that I haven't tried yet, too, including Gravel Road, Seacrest Cafe (I just get Carvel Ice cream there, but this time I'll try lunch), and maybe the new Seaside restaurant that is in the place where Shades used to be (I love the new Shades in the Seacrest/Rosemary Beach area).

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Paula, I get the impression that almost any visit to the area affords an opportunity to meet up with others from this board (especially since there are so many locals participating.) I can't wait til June! We haven't been having the stormy weather that so many others have been dealing with, but it still feels like winter here in Chicago (and it's been dismally cloudy.) I can't get to the beach soon enough - so glad to hear the reports from your guests that the beach is in good shape (though I'd be happy with any beach about now!)

sweet

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2005
The Beaches Are Wonderful
Currently Here Looking At The Beaches

Life Is Great In Sowalton

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
lindabobhat said:
Paula, I get the impression that almost any visit to the area affords an opportunity to meet up with others from this board (especially since there are so many locals participating.) I can't wait til June! We haven't been having the stormy weather that so many others have been dealing with, but it still feels like winter here in Chicago (and it's been dismally cloudy.) I can't get to the beach soon enough - so glad to hear the reports from your guests that the beach is in good shape (though I'd be happy with any beach about now!)

I agree -- and every SoWaller I've met so far has been wonderful...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
lindabobhat said:
I know Paula won't be there at the same time (I contacted her first about renting there but her cottages were booked and she very nicely referred me to one of her neighbors!) There are going to be several other Sowallers down in the area the same week (Jdarg, Peapod1980, Allifunn, Mermaid and Merman) so we'll have to plan a few get-togethers!

Is it June yet? I'm so over the cold spring stuff.:roll:

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
lindabobhat said:

You better include me Lindabobhat:lol: . Paula, looks like we've got SantarosaPete and Ms meeting up with us in May and waiting to hear from Lisa and Gordy.