• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Really happy that the Sandor's building didn't get torn down......Dennis Franklin built it and understand it is over built and solid as a rock. Recycling buildings is a grayt idea!!! Glas I'll miss the traffic back up, but it would be interesting to watch. Hope someone video's the trek.

If I can get up that early I'm gonna try and get pics.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Actually I would think moving anything that large would be done best in the day light. They could set up massive spot lights, but that might not be as appealing either.

how so? i don't think light would be the defining issue. every building i've seen moved any distance has happened at night, so as to impact traffic as little as possible. moving this building during the day at the height of spring break seems like the least advantageous time, imo.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
In the newspaper it said that they were waiting for a few days with no rain because the roof had to be taken off. It looks like it's going to rain tomorrow, so maybe it won't happen?

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
why not in the middle of the night?

What would the poor drunks think if they're weaving down 30A in the middle of the night and get caught behind a house? They're liable to just pull into someone's driveway and sit there for hours idling, thinking they're caught in "traffic." That's just cruel, John R!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What would the poor drunks think if they're weaving down 30A in the middle of the night and get caught behind a house? They're liable to just pull into someone's driveway and sit there for hours idling, thinking they're caught in "traffic." That's just cruel, John R!

They'd just honk, flick off the driver, and pass on the bike path. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Does this mean that if you need to get from the east end to Seaside that you can't? Will one side of the road be open or should we use 98?
HellOOO! They are moving a house down a two lane road. :wave:

I would avoid 283 and everything East of there, use 98!
nevermind, they answered my question.

why not in the middle of the night?
I thought that DOT required all home moves to be during daylight hours.

how so? i don't think light would be the defining issue. every building i've seen moved any distance has happened at night, so as to impact traffic as little as possible. moving this building during the day at the height of spring break seems like the least advantageous time, imo.
I've seen only maybe 15 homes being moved, four in your neighborhood, and all of them have been in daylight hours, and one was stuck in the ditch for more than half a day. I guess it is easier to see if something goes wrong, if it is done in the daylight. I seem to recall interstate moves requiring moves to be only on the weekends, as there are typically lower traffic counts at that time.

Now, let's get to the important part. >>> What time will George's open tomorrow night? :dunno: