• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Don't share this information or some hater will call the Gator Nazis to come and kill it....

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Are you semi serious? Since we've never seen it before-thought it was brought in for the tourists - to scare and/or eat:)

I've told this story before, but when we were grad students at UF, we lived across the street from the UF golf course. Hubby liked to play there. He said there were many times when he'd be about to make a shot, and he'd hear a gator plop into one of the many ponds on the course. Way to mess up a shot.

A popular place to go at UF was Lake Alice to feed marshmallows to the gators. They love them. I've heard stories about gators coming out of nowhere and snatching a yappy dog, but haven't witnessed it.

My office was near the Broward Pool on campus. I liked to keep my tan going, so I had office hours at the pool. I had to walk by a pond with gators in it to get to the pool. Frequently we'd see them on the sidewalk and have to go to the other side of the street to avoid them. Surely by now the university has removed the gators from campus for the students' safety.

I haven't seen any gators in SoWal yet. Better watch out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The less "Gators", the better... but alligators are just fine, if you don't feed them.