• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
So what happened to the money the BCC approved last year for doing the roundabout design? Was the project canceled? It sounded like a done deal at the time.

It was approved and added to the capital projects list. That is why a public hearing is necessary to look at whether or not to scratch it and go with the traffic light plan as the commissioner has suggested. The commissioners would have to vote to remove it from the capital projects list. Last night it was stated that the county had received an invoice for approximately 50 percent of billing from the engineering consultant on the roundabout project. The amount of that contract, which included engineering and inspection services, was $78,000.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The word "backwards" seems to apply to the BCC ever as much as the TDC. "Funding" a major traffic issue as controversial as this one, without finding out if anyone really wants or needs it...??

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
I'm for a stop light. That stop sign, when it gets loaded up... people don't know when to go... and they get impatient, and go anyway. Only problem is poor seagrove residents. They will want speed bumps. (I mean in addition to the potholes.)

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm not sure you understand. If there is a stop light, you will have to stop (and fume), even if there is no one at the intersection except you! Think about it, for a moment. There is nothing wrong with the way it works now: you simply let the person to your right go first. It works.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
A stoplight is not a solution. And while someone directing at really crowded times will help, it all comes down to volume.

We simply have too many vehicles using one stretch of road.

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
And while we're at it...

While we're fixing that intersection, perhaps we should consider eliminating the groups soliciting money on Saturday mornings when our guests are leaving town.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm completely in favor of banning all charity solicitations at that intersection. .

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Roundabout Selected for 30a/395

Unbelievably our officials have opted for a roundabout for this intersection. I would bet that not one of them has any experience with how these operate, nor will many of our visitors. They better station a cop at this intersection full-time as there are going to be many incidents.To her credit Cindy Meadows voted against this abortion but was again outvoted by the powers from North of the Bay. We really need more say in decisions that affect SOWAL so directly. No details yet but she is trying to get a copy of the plans which could be viewed at her office.
Is there anyone out there, who does not have a financial interest in this approach, that thinks this is the best option?