• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The newly formed Robotics Club at Seacoast Collegiate High School announces its first fundraiser on Saturday, August 31st from 9:00am to 12:00pm at Suntrust Bank, 49 Watercolor Way, Santa Rosa Beach (located on Highway 395 next to the Watercolor Crossing/Publix shopping plaza). Student club members will be washing cars for donations (and selling drinks while you wait). Everyone is invited and we encourage all families, friends and community members to come out and support the Robotics Club.

The Robotics Club is diligently working to raise funds for club start-up costs, competition fees and travel costs. Club members will be attending the FIRST Robotics Competition in the Spring, 2014. The goal of the competition is to “combine the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology.” Under strict rules, limited resources and time limits, students are challenged to raise funds, design a team “brand,” hone teamwork and communication skills, and design, build and program robots to perform prescribed tasks against a field of competitors.

The general mission of the Robotics Club is to develop students' interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and to explore STEM careers. Future plans include additional fundraising events; demonstrating the robots to local elementary and middle school students to educate them about the field of robotics; and earning community service hours by helping out in the community.

To learn more about Seacoast Collegiate High School or to get involved with the Robotics Club, please visit http://seacoastcollegiatehighschool.weebly.com.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Me too - I am glad they are not panhandling on street corners, and I need a wash.

Hmmmm... robot panhandlers... begbots?

indianapolice

Beach Comber
Aug 11, 2011
If I were down there, I'd bring my car by for a wash. I teach at an early-college model school in Indianapolis, IN. My school, Ben Davis University High School, affords its students the opportunity to earn their high school diploma as well as an Associate's degree in Liberal Arts, Business, IT, or Health Careers. I've been following the start-up of Seacoast and I'm excited about its opening. We own 2 vacation rental homes in Blue Mountain Beach, and I'd love to make 30A my permanent home. Hmm...maybe I should check out any available teaching positions.

Einstein

Beach Lover
Aug 10, 2012
The students worked hard and the car wash was a success. Thanks to everyone who came out to support the robotics club!!

ROBOTICS.jpg

Einstein

Beach Lover
Aug 10, 2012
The Seacoast Collegiate High School Robotics Club continues to work hard, fundraise and seek support. They recently recd support from FMC Technologies. Thank you, FMC. They will be competing in the FIRST competition in the Spring. If you'd like to donate or volunteer your robotics expertise, please contact SCHS. Keep up the good work!

image-539429991.jpg

Einstein

Beach Lover
Aug 10, 2012
It's that time again. Come out to the car wash this Saturday, 9am-1pm at the Suntrust Bank in Watercolor to support the robotics team.

image-1416450044.jpg