• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
Re: Yippeee! Kurt's Done a Virtual Tour for Mermaid's Condo!

congrats to you both - looks like a wonderful place and i am so jealous ! :D

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005

Here's a couple of before, during and afters! Renovation is not for the faint of heart as you can see, but it's all worth it for the beautiful SoWal beaches. :love:

Sheila

SoWal Insider

Oh Mermaid! What a great job! Both you and Merman and Kurt! It's wonderful! The sofa is perfect and so is everything else!!!! I adore it. You are going to have a tremendous rental season! :clap_1:

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country

Your befores are exactly how I had it pictured from your pasts posts. They really show how involved it really was. You should be so proud of yourselves. It does look amazing. :bow:

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005

I love it - you did a wonderful job Mermaid. And Kurt, as usual, you certainly did it justice as well.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider

Congrats Mermaid, Merman and Kurt! :clap_1: Beautiful job! I too remember your earliest posts and was frankly stunned by what it looks like now. It is absolutely adorable. After all that work you deserve a nice vacation ... in SoWal!!

Meanwhile, I think I see a new 'tar in your future, Mermaid ...

mermaidcove.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005

TooFarTampa said:
Congrats Mermaid, Merman and Kurt! :clap_1: Beautiful job! I too remember your earliest posts and was frankly stunned by what it looks like now. It is absolutely adorable. After all that work you deserve a nice vacation ... in SoWal!!

Meanwhile, I think I see a new 'tar in your future, Mermaid ...

mermaidcove.jpg

That's great! I never thought of using my own mermaids as avatars. (Duh!) I do like to rotate them, and now I have a nice little collection in our Seagrove condo.

Many of the decorations, and furniture, for the condo was bought in either Seagrove Beach or Panama City Beach. It was such a good excuse to go shopping! Merman said I was very good for the local economy. :razz: The mermaid shelf that's alongside the bed comes from Lily Pads near Grayton Corners.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

FANTASTIC!!!!!

Y'all have really worked hard? How did you squeeze this in- I thought you were out with the Funn's all the time?!!:dunno: :clap_1:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider

Mermaid said:
That's great! I never thought of using my own mermaids as avatars. (Duh!) I do like to rotate them, and now I have a nice little collection in our Seagrove condo.

Many of the decorations, and furniture, for the condo was bought in either Seagrove Beach or Panama City Beach. It was such a good excuse to go shopping! Merman said I was very good for the local economy. :razz: The mermaid shelf that's alongside the bed comes from Lily Pads near Grayton Corners.

I love Lily Pads! I got this charming print there for my bathroom at home, to remind me of SoWal. It looks like my 5 yo and his cousin. :love: Can't wait to go back to Lily Pads. Cutest stuff there. I'd love to help drive the local economy together sometime!

fifthpics067.jpg

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005

jdarg said:
FANTASTIC!!!!!

Y'all have really worked hard? How did you squeeze this in- I thought you were out with the Funn's all the time?!!:dunno: :clap_1:

jdarg, you know what they say about all work and no play. :lol: Actually, by the time we met all the Funns, the condo was about 95% finished--there was only a little bit of painting left to do. That left a lot of time to enjoy with our fave SoWal buds! BTW, when Kimmifunn saw the angle of the bed (refer to her post above), she said she'd done the same in her NYC apartment. We felt instantly hip thinking that we were up there with the NYC styles. :D

I have a big debt of gratitude for gotothebeachmom, who picked me up one day in October for an entire day of sofa shopping. She probably saved my marriage because I was about ready to bean Merman over the head with some heavy equipment (refer to "before" total mess photo in prior post...). We found that perfect blue sofa at Sand Castle Designs, after many false starts! Thanks, gttbm. :love: