• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
B4 the virus, anyone could use the Coleman pavilion access (or the public beach access with parking, between Seaside & Watercolor). There has been a code for the 'street' pavilion bathrooms for years - each one different, then a few years ago, the pavilions were gated - but the same code for entrance to all. Guests/residents have been allowed footage on either side of the steps to set up their own chairs but the cabana boys got to set up their stuff, whether rented or not. (The open area might be allowed because there are a few locals on each street.)

This part is confusing. I believe that unless you are on one of the streets - or near it - you have to use the Coleman pavilion. That's another reason for the crowds at the Coleman. And why it will be frustrating for future guests, especially those who have vacationed there before.

We were scheduled for May 8th but moved it to May 2021. Current conditions (easily) convinced us to move it more than a month ago. There really is no reason for us to visit 30A if we can't go to the beach.

Looks like we can use our August date at Seaside. We ALWAYS bring our essentials with us. Seldom buying anything at Publix other than local beer. We go to Modica a lot and eat out.

Ellen

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
My thought as i've watched this unfold, is the beach accesses at the end of each street (Pensacola, East Ruskin, etc) are open and the Cabana folks are allowed to rent chairs. The beach accesses within the commercial area (Coleman, Seaside) were closed as part of the commercial area being closed.

That changes on the 29th when the commercial district re-opens along with the now closed commercial beach accesses. Then, the (very restrictive) policy of basically VIP access from the commercial district would open with the services as described above.

Are we saying that every beach access at the end of the streets is closed in conjunction with the commercial district being closed? You have got to be freaking kidding me? Absolutely no where, is that plainly explained as far as i can find. Course that way be the plan.....

I emailed Seaside when the VIP policy came out and asked if that was just for the commercial district or does that policy cover every beach access. No reply of course.

I almost booked a house this morning for next week but if this scenario of all accesses closed is true, that's a 'no' from me now....
You should defer to your rental agency / property owner. They handle access to the street pavilions. Seaside (SCDC) does not handle rental units or control access to the non-commercial areas outside of town center.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Our place rented last year for 2020 4th of July so we decided “no problem” we’ll go next door, experience Seaside....My cc was charged for the balance a few days ago— I have no problem w that... BUT I do have some issues with Seaside Homeowner’s Collection not communicating these changes in writing with their “guests”. I can promise u not all of their guests are on this forum and are going to show up to an unwelcome surprise. Just MHO but this is seems egregiously greedy on their part. Charging me to rent is one thing... fine with that...the fees for the chairs? Outrageous... but ok, it’s Seaside I expected it.... but to tell me I can’t come to the beach without renting a chair and that’s IF I rent one in time?? Shady, shady, shady...... shame on you Seaside. I want my money back.
There should be clear instructions but blame COVID-19 for the need for distancing. No one in their right mind wants to come to the beach and be jammed right now.

Seaside is a resort. Resorts have rules. If you don't like rules find a place with no rules or fewer rules.

culdeus

Beach Comber
May 15, 2020
Dallas, TX
Watercolor right next door is pretty wheels off as well. They won't be setting up anything before 9 and it will be FCFS. Then, if you aren't off the beach by 4pm they won't let you get chairs for the rest of the YEAR.

Ya, that's gonna work.

Hagendog

Beach Comber
May 21, 2020
Huntsville AL
I took a trip to Seaside's facebook page and the pattern seems to be that the restrictions are solely for the commercial (public?) access behind the commercial district. This is the section of beach that the Seaside folks manage, according to the comments. The private beach accesses at the end of the streets are not subject to these restrictions as of now. I'm guessing these accesses are managed by the homeowners. I also emailed the Cabana Man to see if they can add to the clarity.

sleepswithdogs

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2018
Southeast
There should be clear instructions but blame COVID-19 for the need for distancing. No one in their right mind wants to come to the beach and be jammed right now.

Seaside is a resort. Resorts have rules. If you don't like rules find a place with no rules or fewer rules.
I didn’t say anything about wanting to be somewhere “without rules”—- what I’m saying is is that from a legal standpoint SHC should be disclosing these rules in writing to guests prior to arrival.

I’ve been here since March, social distancing & allowed my kids to virtual learn through their school—- brought my own supplies and have been pouring $$$ into local restaurants getting food to go~ I’ve had friends texting wanting to use our place & had to say “no” unlike many others in WC—we have kept to ourselves for the most part....no we don’t live here full time but we pay our taxes and shop local to try to do our part to help sustain these struggling businesses. I’m a grown adult and understand why rules are put in place & don’t need a lecture. Enjoy this beautiful day of sunshine ☀️☀️

culdeus

Beach Comber
May 15, 2020
Dallas, TX
For what it's worth, public bathrooms and toilets seem to be a very high risk contact point for spreading the virus. I would be very cautious about using a high "throughput..." bathroom. jmo.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
I took a trip to Seaside's facebook page and the pattern seems to be that the restrictions are solely for the commercial (public?) access behind the commercial district. This is the section of beach that the Seaside folks manage, according to the comments. The private beach accesses at the end of the streets are not subject to these restrictions as of now. I'm guessing these accesses are managed by the homeowners. I also emailed the Cabana Man to see if they can add to the clarity.
All of this info is in the posts right above yours on this thread. Come on people open your eyes read a little bit.

Hagendog

Beach Comber
May 21, 2020
Huntsville AL
Just talked to the Cabana Man. The only restrictions (other than social distancing) are for the commercial beach access behind the commercial district. All other accesses are open pending the code and an armband. Only homeowners can use the beach behind the commercial district at this time.

Just booked a house for next week.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
I didn’t say anything about wanting to be somewhere “without rules”—- what I’m saying is is that from a legal standpoint SHC should be disclosing these rules in writing to guests prior to arrival.

I’ve been here since March, social distancing & allowed my kids to virtual learn through their school—- brought my own supplies and have been pouring $$$ into local restaurants getting food to go~ I’ve had friends texting wanting to use our place & had to say “no” unlike many others in WC—we have kept to ourselves for the most part....no we don’t live here full time but we pay our taxes and shop local to try to do our part to help sustain these struggling businesses. I’m a grown adult and understand why rules are put in place & don’t need a lecture. Enjoy this beautiful day of sunshine ☀️☀️
The Homeowners Collection is a private rental agency. it is not affiliated with Seaside Community Development Corporation. Get your facts straight before posting on a public forum. Just because you've been here for a few weeks doesn't make you an authority and don't think your money makes you entitled to anything over anyone else.