• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside Florida Parking Update

As you know, Seaside has progressed from a quiet holiday town to the center of it all, serving as downtown 30A. In addition to adding more bike racks and over 30 new golf cart parking spaces, Seaside has made the decision to implement a paid parking program, beginning Monday, April 19.

The paid parking experience will allow guests the comfort of parking their own vehicle on Smolian Circle with the assistance of friendly parking attendants, that will point you in the right direction and help you with your payment process of $15. Smolian Circle has a limited capacity, so it is encouraged to utilize the Seaside Shuttle which is free and open to the public and runs every 15 minutes. The shuttle is located directly across from The Shops of Grayton (where Black Bear and Hurricane Oyster Bar & Grill are located) in Grayton Beach from 6 a.m. to midnight.

Learn More Here: Seaside Implements Paid Parking

Screenshot_20210412-122324~2.png

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I like Seaside and it is loved by many tourists. I know the pros and cons. We went yesterday evening and parked just to the west in the public parking at Van Ness Butler, Jr. Beach Access and walked to town center >>> FREE parking tip for everyone.

The elimination of parking and driving on the circle has made it a much better experience in my opinion so I am ok to walk or ride the shuttle to make that gain.

Parking has been a problem for many years and there is no easy solution. The shuttle is a good one for most people I think. Since the town center circle has been closed there is barely any parking available but until spring break it wasn't a huge issue because of smaller crowds due to COVID19.

However Seaside and SoWal is back to full capacity this spring break.

For casual Seaside lovers who like to pop in for the farmers market or a cup of coffee, we have been effectively eliminated. I suppose if rentals are near 100% merchants will be ok. I will miss the spontaneity of an impromptu visit.

Also, I usually like to visit early morning, or on the off chance there is a lull during the day. Most of my Seaside visits are from driving through and seeing it's not crowded. So I hope merchants don't suffer from losing the random visitors like me.

Last edited:

Katie_lied

Beach Lover
May 26, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
I guess I can forget about impromptu visits to Great Southern for brunch during offseason (do we still have an offseason)? As a person with a disability, I wonder how this new plan complies with the ADA, and how it affects the elderly?

desertbluff

Beach Lover
Feb 6, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I like Seaside and it is loved by many tourists. I know the pros and cons. We went yesterday evening and parked just to the west in the public parking at Van Ness Butler, Jr. Beach Access and walked to town center >>> FREE parking tip for everyone.

The elimination of parking and driving on the circle has made it a much better experience in my opinion so I am ok to walk or ride the shuttle to make that gain.

Parking has been a problem for many years and there is no easy solution. The shuttle is a good one for most people I think. Since the town center circle has been closed there is barely any parking available but until spring break it wasn't a huge issue because of smaller crowds due to COVID19.

However Seaside and SoWal is back to full capacity this spring break.

For casual Seaside lovers who like to pop in for the farmers market or a cup of coffee, we have been effectively eliminated. I suppose if rentals are near 100% merchants will be ok. I will miss the spontaneity of an impromptu visit.

Also, I usually like to visit early morning, or on the off chance there is a lull during the day. Most of my Seaside visits are from driving through and seeing it's not crowded. So I hope merchants don't suffer from losing the random visitors like me.
We arrived to our rental house in Rosemary on Saturday and went to Seaside yesterday. Paid the $15 for parking. I agree with the post about casual visitors who like to pop in to Modica or Sundog Books, which I’ve always loved doing. While the circle is more pleasant without all the cars, I don’t think we’ll be going as often as we did before and that makes me sad.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Park and Shuttle Directly to Seaside for Free!

Did you know you can park and shuttle directly to Seaside for free? It is a short and beautiful scenic route. Catching the shuttle allows you to take in the stunning views of Western Lake, a rare coastal dune lake, directly on your path to Seaside.

Hours of Operation:
Shuttles begin at 6 a.m. and service ends at 11:00 p.m. every day. Shuttles come and go about every 15 minutes.

Park at the public parking lot on 283 South. The locals call the parking area Grayton Central.

Drop Off and Pick Up In Seaside:
You will be dropped off at the Lyceum Gateway on Quincy Circle between 45 Central Wine and Sushi Bar and Artful Eye.

FB_IMG_1619014423784.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside News
seasidefl.com

The Seaside Shuttle picks up from the public parking lot on 283 South, directly across from the Shops of Grayton (Hurricane Oyster Bar & Grill and Black Bear) located in Grayton Beach from 6 a.m. to midnight. The multiple shuttle operation has been in existence for eight seasons and has provided over 140,000 total rides, making the Seaside Shuttle another first; and a major factor in helping decrease the number of automobiles on Scenic Highway 30A. Guests and employees ride for free and are required to wear masks. Capacity limitations are in place in an effort to keep everyone safe. The shuttle delivers you directly to the Commercial District of Seaside in about 15 minutes. On route, you cross famed Western Lake cradling award-winning Grayton Beach Park.

The below map depicts the location of the Seaside Shuttle public parking lot and route.

Public-Parking-Shuttle.jpg

Many guests of Seaside prefer to walk up, ride bikes or gather together for a ride in an electric golf cart. The Commercial District of Seaside welcomes all visitors and is experiencing a steady flow of visitors each day.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
We arrived to our rental house in Rosemary on Saturday and went to Seaside yesterday. Paid the $15 for parking. I agree with the post about casual visitors who like to pop in to Modica or Sundog Books, which I’ve always loved doing. While the circle is more pleasant without all the cars, I don’t think we’ll be going as often as we did before and that makes me sad.
Agree. It is sad. And I think it might just blow.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What's sad is the number of owners who can't walk to the beach in a walkable community and move their cars from private reserved spaces to public parking to be closer to the beach.