• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Destin has now approved seawalls. someday the entire coast will look the same

Mvc-053x1.jpg

seawall_armoring.jpg

jimmyp5

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove
JohnR ... where are those Destin pix from? Gulfside, or bayside? Or hillside (2nd picture)?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Heck, we can even get our own County Gov't to enforce the rules which they made regarding slopes of fill and sand color. I think the seawalls are way over our elected officials heads. From what I see in Blue Mtn Beach, many of the seawalls do not even have the front fill of sand.

The following pics were taken in Blue Mtn Beach on May 12. It is my understanding that all work was to be completed by April 30. The first photo of all the trash pilings left behind really bugs me. You will not catch me barefoot on the beaches in Blue Mtn Beach for a long while.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Here is a an example of proper fill and slope, even though there is a seawall under there, at least they got the top part right, and they get an A+ for using the removable walkover and planting seaoats, as well as installing sand fencing.:clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I am speechless.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Smiling JOe said:
Okay, I think I found some serious answers to the questions of the effects of seawalls being installed on the beach. See video clip. I think it is self explanatory.

:rotfl: You're a goof. I forgot all about that kid :rofl:

So here we go again. We're missing a couple of players. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cork On the Ocean said:
:rotfl: You're a goof. I forgot all about that kid :rofl:

So here we go again. We're missing a couple of players. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I posted that well over a month ago.