• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Unfortunately a lot of these concerts are pre-sold to fan clubs. The hubby got me Josh Groban tickets and my sister in law was the first one on-line in the morning, but appraently all the good seats were sold to Grobanites weeks ahead of time. When we got there, I was in a nose bleed seat, and could barely see the stage.

But that's was not my final seat! :D I saw Groban and could smell his breathe. :blush: and wound up in the champagne section. ;-)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Beach Runner said:
And they say you can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need.

:D
Wish you would join us! Mermaid's rocking birthday!

Poor thing- she has to make her own cake 'cause 1) I don't like to bake and 2) she has the sandcastle pan.:rotfl:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Beach Runner said:
I'd be tempted if it were Boston or Vegas.

Alright BR- this is historic. Rolling Stones at Churchill Downs. Definitely a once in a lifetime (for them for sure!:funn: )

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
Nice tix- $525 APIECE??? You must have me confused with somebody that has money!!!:rotfl: I'll keep my cheap seats- and they weren't cheap after that MF Ticketmaster!!!:bang:

Good grief jdarg....it is MERMY'S birthday celebration!!!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Jdarg/Mermaid, We saw the stones about 6 or 7 years ago here at the Texas Motor Speedway. It's a huge place! My friend's father in law has a suite there and it was his birthday (the old s.o.b.) so she invited us to go to his "party". We all met at his office in Fort Worth and rode a bus there with drinks, food, etc. Drove right up to the entrance and right up the elevator. The suite was packed and there was food and lick her flowing. The point of this story is that I spent the whole concert NOT in the suite, but down on one of the lower levels on my feet! Mick was great! They were great! You will have a GREAT time!

After the concert, I drove home, since mr. dd was three sheets to the wind. Got pulled over in a small town between FW and Grapevine. The cop thought maybe we'd been to the concert and been smoking a little wacky weed. Wanted to search the car....I told him go ahead. Mr. dd was spouting off and just generally being a jerk, and I kept telling him to shut up, but NOOOOOO, he just kept on. So, the cop searched him too. Searched the car, came up with a pair of tweezers and asked if that was our "roach clip". Well, by this time, I'd had just about enough of both of them. I said, "Look here, look at me, I'm old enough to be your mother--I don't smoke pot! And if you want to take this guy in...be my guest!" No ticket, sent us on our way.