• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Serving Ideology not Voters...

New posts
The stupid spending is over. Nobody wants anything cut or reduced but there have to be major sacrifices. This is exactly why I hate it when you get spend crazy folks in power. It hurts people and creates bitterness when reality sets in and the money runs dry. It takes honorable, responsible people to make the difficult choices and see them through.

Any idiot can spend money and rack up crazy debt. If you care about your kids and their future you won't let this happen.
 
when did those without become enemies of the state in the land of plenty? the first logical move is to restore a sane income tax on the upper tier.
 
when did those without become enemies of the state in the land of plenty? the first logical move is to restore a sane income tax on the upper tier.

Brace yourself for the backlash from the brainwashed masses that will never experience that tax bracket, but feel the need to protect it.
 
when did those without become enemies of the state in the land of plenty? the first logical move is to restore a sane income tax on the upper tier.

Why not a sane, fair tax code for everyone? Taking people's money just for the sake of taking it is stealing. If you cut out the insane loopholes then we will be getting somewhere. You can say the corporate tax rate ( for example) is 90% but if there are enough loopholes they effectively pay zero. I would rather have a 10% rate and collect it all than brag to my liberal friends about a 90% rate and collect nothing.
 
Deal! I don't believe any private group should receive tax dollars. Period!

I'd agree, but if we follow that logic then your apparently all for giant government. They'll need paper mills, pulp wood forests, trucks, and all kinds of other things just to supply the paper. Of course they could just buy it from the lowest bidder...
 

I must admit that I just do not get Florida's politics. Never have. These cuts appear to be truly damaging to children/education, NASA/space programs and Everglades/environment. Children, science and environment. Nonessential to the great State of Florida's future...:sarc:

Who are these people? Do they really hold our future in their hands? appalling.
 
I'd agree, but if we follow that logic then your apparently all for giant government. They'll need paper mills, pulp wood forests, trucks, and all kinds of other things just to supply the paper. Of course they could just buy it from the lowest bidder...

Let me clarify so everyone can follow. I have no problem with government purchasing goods and services necessary for its operations from whomever, as long as they purchase quality from the lowest priced supplier. What I am against is giving one dollar to support the operations of any private organization, be it a church, a political party, planned parenthood, PBS, the Boy Scouts or little league. Those types of organizations should acquire their own funds from those who use their services or see a benefit to the community from those services. If the community sees a need they will receive all the money they need, if not then they should not be propped up by government.
 
Let me clarify so everyone can follow. I have no problem with government purchasing goods and services necessary for its operations from whomever, as long as they purchase quality from the lowest priced supplier. What I am against is giving one dollar to support the operations of any private organization, be it a church, a political party, planned parenthood, PBS, the Boy Scouts or little league. Those types of organizations should acquire their own funds from those who use their services or see a benefit to the community from those services. If the community sees a need they will receive all the money they need, if not then they should not be propped up by government.
Will you please cut it out! You are making sense and you, by now, know how distressful that is to some. After all, we must keep those thousands of IRS employee's busy interpreting that 17,000 page tax code for those of us who do not even have access to it.:sarc:
 
Will you please cut it out! You are making sense and you, by now, know how distressful that is to some. After all, we must keep those thousands of IRS employee's busy interpreting that 17,000 page tax code for those of us who do not even have access to it.:sarc:
I'm sorry Andy, I have been away making a living and am overflowing with common sense from actually working for a living in the real world. I will try and do better to fit in here until I have to return to my labors.:sarc: I hope I have not caused any liberals any undo stress.:wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top