• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Serving Ideology not Voters...

New posts
Um- I said I agreed with idlewind and that just because the two of u were making good sense doesn't mean that the rest of us lack it. I think both of these points were nonpartisan.

Anyway-

I believe everything we spend a dollar on should have .10 slashed from it. I mean everything. My position is that there are opportunities to run 10% more efficiently everywhere without hurting quality. I believe all Bush tax cuts should expire. I mean all. And I believe corporate tax loopholes should be closed and that tariffs should be imposed on the goods of any American company that moves overseas as a result of being asked to pay taxes here. Finally, I believe pot should be legalized and taxed and gays should be forced to get married like the rest of us.

Back to my beach drinking.

;)
I agree with everything except the last one which I assume is in jest.
 
the rich in this country pay less than they have in 50 years.


So what? Why be a rich boy hater?:idontno:

It would be far more profitable to the country to have a 10% flat tax on every individual, family and corporation with NO loopholes. I don't care to confiscate wealth unfairly from the rich, I want everyone to pay their fair share. What good is your high tax rates if sweetheart deal loopholes allow individuals and corporations to pay no tax on huge amounts of revenue?
 
Um- I said I agreed with idlewind and that just because the two of u were making good sense doesn't mean that the rest of us lack it. I think both of these points were nonpartisan.

Anyway-

I believe everything we spend a dollar on should have .10 slashed from it. I mean everything. My position is that there are opportunities to run 10% more efficiently everywhere without hurting quality. I believe all Bush tax cuts should expire. I mean all. And I believe corporate tax loopholes should be closed and that tariffs should be imposed on the goods of any American company that moves overseas as a result of being asked to pay taxes here. Finally, I believe pot should be legalized and taxed and gays should be forced to get married like the rest of us.

Back to my beach drinking.

;)

The Bush tax cuts alone should not expire, the entire Federal tax code should expire and be replaced by a fair, more profitable, less burdensome code.
 
True but in this era of politics I just don't believe our elected officials could get something like this done.
 
And that my friend is the crux of the problem.

Yes, and you proved it in a thread that started nonpartisan and pleasant, then you decided it was an us vs. them thing and it went down hill with you and Andy A. tag teaming time on the cross. Unfortunately that pattern seems to be pretty regular around here.
 
Last edited:
Yes, and you proved it in a thread that started nonpartisan and pleasant, then you decided it was an us vs. them thing and it went down hill with you and Andy A. tag teaming time on the cross. Unfortunately that pattern seems to be pretty regular around here.


Pppppppllllllleeeeeeaaaassssseeeeee! You are far too intelligent to really think that the 1st post in this thread was " non-partisan and pleasant." And I have not been "on the cross" but I do point out BS when I see it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top