• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
I feel the same about loosing the old Shades - it was just a great relaxed place to sit outside and enjoy a great lunch.

Shades at the loop has a totally different atmosphere - and somehow sitting out looking at 98 does not do it for me - if you know what I mean?!?!?!?!?

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
I used to work at Shades...And yes, two of the owners are the same guys who own the Taco Mac Chain. It is so sad they are being forced out of Seaside...where else in Seaside are families going to eat? Most families cannot afford to eat at Bud and Alley's every nite...and don't want to eat at Pickles :eek:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
With the closing of Shades and the Village Market my first thought was to take photos so in the years to become we can look back and remember the wonderful times spent at these great sowal icons!

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Sad. 1st the Wheelhouse burned down and now Shades is closing. My 12, 9, and 5 year old kids are very sad. Many memories going to both for many years.

But with changes you can't stop it you just have to embrace it. Besides, my kids (me and Gumwoman) love Pickles and will like any place that will serve wings, burgers, pizza, and/or french fries (oh yeah and cold beers and bloody marys).

We will have to find other places to create memories and we will try the "new" Shades. :cool:

scrltbegonya said:
I used to work at Shades...And yes, two of the owners are the same guys who own the Taco Mac Chain. It is so sad they are being forced out of Seaside...where else in Seaside are families going to eat? Most families cannot afford to eat at Bud and Alley's every nite...and don't want to eat at Pickles :eek:
Yeah, and isn't a burger and fries at Shades virtually the same price as just a burger at Pickles? IMHO Pickles is overpriced for what you get and the eating-in-a-restaurant-without-actual-walls ambiance.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
The "newer" people don't realize it, but the same sad feeling over losing some great "people places" happened in a small, friendly beach-side town not so many years ago--the town was called....Destin. :dunno: