• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
If I am not mistaken he ran several years ago also. I think he was a deputy or captain under McMillan.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Never heard of him. I googled him and found nothing, and I looked up his name in the tax roll and found nothing, with maybe one exception for a lot in Freeport, which there was no middle initial "S." There are several listings for Richard Brown, but none with an "S." I also looked in the phone book, but found nothing.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
All we've heard is that he's supposed to be from Freeport, and I've heard rumors that he either is with the SO, or was. But Fuzz doesn't know him. Maybe he was with the SO during the three years Fuzz wasn't. :dunno:

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
I see that a Richard S. Brown has entered the race. Anyone know who that is?

Ricky Brown. He is a current WCSO Deputy. He was stationed in Freeport but has now been placed in the South End, SRB, Blue Mtn area. He has prior investigative and leadership experience from either Niceville or Crestview PD, not sure which. Hope that helps.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Ricky Brown. He is a current WCSO Deputy. He was stationed in Freeport but has now been placed in the South End, SRB, Blue Mtn area. He has prior investigative and leadership experience from either Niceville or Crestview PD, not sure which. Hope that helps.

Well, maybe they will meet then. It's entirely possible to work with people and not have a clue who they are. And that's sad.

(Of course, I only know about 10 - 15 of the folks that work at the courthouse in DFS...I know names, but not the faces that go with them.)

Yahoodie

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2007
Richard S. Brown is a WCSO Deputy, lives just off Hwy 3280 in Freeport. He came to WCSO immediately after retiring from FWB PD. He was a Sgt for over 10 years. He worked there for 28 years and has extensive invetigative, supervisory, administrative experience . Call the FWB PD for more information on him.
He was just moved to South Walton area working days. He was working in the Freeport/Bruce area.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I wonder if he lives on the land off of 3280 (Fluffy Landing area) listed as a vacant lot, and owned by Richard Brown (with no middle initial) by the Tax Appraiser's website. If so, I wonder if he should be taxed on the improvements to the land, in addition to the lot. Let's get the Sheriff on this matter right away.