• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
So at or before closing there is a Stipulated Settlement and Termination of the Lis Pendens for the Insurance Underwriters? I can see how lots of things could pop up to tie up that kind of closing.

It is mostly the bank getting back with you about a price. The rest can be cleared for the runway in a few days. Basically, the processors are overwhelmed and it seems no one is really in charge. I would think in times like this the uppers in big banking would be rolling up their sleeves and getting dirty. Perhaps, earning the big salaries. It just seems to be business as usual and they are not going to miss a vacation a holiday, etc.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
It is mostly the bank getting back with you about a price. The rest can be cleared for the runway in a few days. Basically, the processors are overwhelmed and it seems no one is really in charge. I would think in times like this the uppers in big banking would be rolling up their sleeves and getting dirty. Perhaps, earning the big salaries. It just seems to be business as usual and they are not going to miss a vacation a holiday, etc.

...with all the slicing, dicing and financial engineering that went into off-loading the toxic mortgages into the market, in some cases the servicer is probably having a hard time finding the entity that will allow them to take the offer. They've probably gotta send their scouts out into the desert on a camel and into the rice patties of the Far East to contact the hapless souls who lent their savings to investulators in Florida.

Last edited:
...I'm sure in some cases, with all the slicing, dicing and financial engineering that went into off-loading the toxic mortgages into the market, in some cases the servicer is probably having a hard time finding the entity that will allow them to take the offer. They've probably gotta send their scouts out into the desert on a camel and into the rice patties of the Far East to contact the hapless souls who lent their savings to investulators in Florida.

I never really thought much about that angle. Countrywide, et al are not the holders of the mortgage anymore as they become merely mortgage servicers. They can't just cut a deal with a Realtor because, they have to find the note holder and ask them for permission to permanently wipe out the "short debt".

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I never really thought much about that angle. Countrywide, et al are not the holders of the mortgage anymore as they become merely mortgage servicers. They can't just cut a deal with a Realtor because, they have to find the note holder and ask them for permission to permanently wipe out the "short debt".

The first offer is typically the best offer on a short sale. Down hill from there. Banks are losing money left and right because no system is in place. Its all good though because they are getting bailout money that we get to pick up later. Who really cares if they let the properties foreclose and get 1/2 of what a Realtor tried to give them 3 months earlier.

Last edited:

LoveTheBeach2

Beach Crab
Sep 27, 2008
Conspiracy Theory

OK, I'm new to all this, doing my 1st short w/Countrywide. Seller just got their Lis and the Mortgage was assigned THE DAY BEFORE. To "Random Bank Trustee for Certificateholders blahblahblah" not BofA. I'm aware that it is possible that the assignment wasn't filed in a timely manner and Random Bank may have actually owned it for a while. But I'm also wondering - could this be an attempt to circumvent the much publicized foreclosure "moratorium"? If you read the fine print, it only applies to loans that Countrywide/BofA still owns and whatever investors that they can get to agree to it. Am I being too suspicious and jaded?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Lovethebeach2, I believe that lenders are heavily regulated by the Feds and are limited to a certain amount of investments (eg- real estate), compared to money on hand. In order to meet those requirements, some banks are having to sell off those "assets," so they will bundle and sell to other banks or entities.

Alyoopster

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2007
I think you have me confused with Zirondelle's comment. My agent didn't tell me the price of any offers and i wasn't compelled to offer at list.

As for my deal being "fishy". Why would my agent/broker/friend call and tell me the bank just approved our offer and it not be true??? I talked to them again today and everything is a go.

I'll update when we close in a few weeks.

UPDATE: We closed!!

After all the negative talk about short sales I'm happy to say the process was fairly quick and easy for us. I hope the best for everyone else out there dealing with this.

Offer on Feb 5th, Bank Accepted Feb 13, Closed on March 25th