• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Put up cameras along ours beaches and some freak`n touron :poop: will try and sue the county for invasion of their privacy. Don`t forget, we all live in a sue happy world these days. :bang:
They can try, but there is no expectation of privacy when people are in the public domain. It would be an interesting test case, given customary use on private beaches, whether there is a reasonable expectation of privacy even on "private" beaches.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
To clarify, meant to say could blackout video of residence or permanent structure, instead of property. Because there is an expectation of privacy in and on the habitable property. Can blackout video of private structure, and unblack it with probable cause.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
This is very disturbing. If this is happening, we need the appropriate law enforcement agency (FWC?) do be more involved here.
It speaks volumes when a Green Sea Turtle chooses PCB over SoWal to lay eggs...
Interesting thread. I wonder how many turtles by type annually nest in FL? How many turtles nest in NW FL? How Many turtles nest in Walton?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Interesting thread. I wonder how many turtles by type annually nest in FL? How many turtles nest in NW FL? How Many turtles nest in Walton?

Whats really interesting is the very large boat and trailer with huge wheels that has been parking IN the dunes at a very high end house about 200 yards down from the beach access at / near Goatfeathers off 30a.

Its been there for over two months. Now there is a fairly new turtle nest close to it.

Lifeguards and Code Enforcement drive by it each day...

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
7/23/17 Public Beach access BMB 1:28pm. Check out illegal blocking of (empty) guard stand. Also 100% of allotted 50% of public beach being prostituted out for $$$$ by in charge Beach Vendor.
Photos texted to Brian @ TDC and Jeff Unenforcement
Officer. No response to date.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 324

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Whats really interesting is the very large boat and trailer with huge wheels that has been parking IN the dunes at a very high end house about 200 yards down from the beach access at / near Goatfeathers off 30a.

Its been there for over two months. Now there is a fairly new turtle nest close to it.

Lifeguards and Code Enforcement drive by it each day...
Send photos to BCC may help

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
This has been in the same spot, in the dunes, in the sea oats for over two months... Is this allowed?

The Sea Turtle Nest is just down the beach about 30 yards. I'm sure turtle watch knows about it.

Attachments

• Boat with Trailer 2017.jpg
    Boat with Trailer 2017.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 292

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
Agree but there are 14 SoWal beachcams now and hundreds of private cams. There is no expectation of privacy on the beach, just like on the 30A bike path, and anyone can take photo/video of the beach. Video of private property could be an issue because there is an expectation of privacy. Can blackout video of private property, and unblack it with probable cause. Property owners and guests could opted in or out of video. I wouldn't mind WCSO keeping a video eye on my property if vacant.
A bunch of those have been out of commission all summer.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
This has been in the same spot, in the dunes, in the sea oats for over two months... Is this allowed?

The Sea Turtle Nest is just down the beach about 30 yards. I'm sure turtle watch knows about it.
John please email this to Tony Anderson 5th district commissioner at
andtony@co.walton.fl.us with addresses and explanation of problem...Tony and Sara Comander got the SWFD and code enforcement envovled in the life guard and umbrella problems this weekend at BMB resolved and they where happy to do it Comsara@co.walton.fl.us
Good luck