• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Bobby J said:
Just spoke with Marc and the this show will be scaled down a bit. We will not have a drummer so it will be just the girls and Marc. If you like it raw come on out. We will be doing a bigger show a couple weeks after our trip to Costa Rico!!!

Hey, can I call you Booby when we are in Cr? People really will think we are a couple....

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Bobby J said:
There is only one Pea Man. Is that Ed!!! ? I am going to try to upload a pic of the Johnson sisiters. See you all on the 1st. Ed do you still need a tie? I will see if I have one with Peas on it....

yes, a tie with peas on it would be nice...

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks for the link - I am listening now! :clap_1:

We need some more info - you need to put shows on the website and post here - also would like to know more about the players.

My favorite is "Pour" - I don't really agree with the Lady Day and Bonnie comparisons.

The country slant is more like Cowboy Junkies and the blues is more like Fiona Apple / Joan Osbourne. But there is no need to compare them, except that we're always tending to do that. :roll:

I say that seasoning and depth provided by some (unfortunate) long, rough roads will lead to big things if they decide to stick with it - or at the least they will be able to make a living by it. And I say this just from the recordings. I'll bet that they have even more appeal on stage.

Who is writing the lyrics?

Last edited:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
The songs on the web site are:
1. Shame by Ben Harper (both girls)
2.Angel from Montgomery by Bonnie Raitt (Kelsey 14)
3. Pour by Lori McKeena (Natasha 19)
4. Paper Bag by Fiona Apple (Kelsey 14 very hard song to sing)
5. Wayside by Gillian Welch (Natasha 19)
6. A few Days by a songwriter friend of Marc Harris out of Ga.

As far as posting shows, the above date is it right now. This is very fresh and new. The girls started singing at a very young age. They never did much with until recently. I wanted to help them get up the "guts" to do something with their god given talents. It seemed like such a waste to not at least try. That is where Marc Harris came in. He listened to a recording I had of them singing a cappella. Marc called me a few weeks later and said he would like to try to put something together. So they went to Birmingham and recorded the Ep with hope to later record a CD if the response was good. It has been real good so the gals are moving forward with new songs and trying to get as much live time as possible. Where do they want it to go? Just have fun. As a father I am happy if it just stopped right now. I got to spend "A few days" with my daughters in Birmingham. We had a blast! We got to know Marc Harris. He is awesome! Make sure you all check out his show. The guy can play a guitar like a mad man. Most of all he is true professional and we could not be doing this without him.
The gals are very active in school and we all try to travel allot so we shall see where it goes... No expectations! Having fun. Kurt, they do a little Joan Osbourne. Natasha can belt out some "spiderweb"!

As soon as we get back from Costa Rico the gals will get a schedule posted of when and where. Kurt, I hope you can make it out. It is going to be a little mellow. No drummer :sosad: until they are done. The next show will be allot bigger!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks for the info - so that is marc playing with them? And is he playing at the Seabar Saturday?

By the way - "Paper Bag" on the site is listed as "Paperback" and it will not open for me - the file extension shows as .asx - this may be why. It's funny that I mentioned Fiona and didn't know about that song. It is a hard song when Fiona does it.

They sound exactly alike when they sing together. Maybe they will post here someday. :D

Last edited: