• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sushi Master

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
Hi everyone! The hubs and I are currently building a little bungalow around the Topsail area, getting it ready for full-time living when we pull the plug on our careers in 3 years. Just wanted to say hi :wave:, and to get some advice on good places to eat and visit that won't be horrible tourist traps. What do locals do for fun and good eats?
Thanks!

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Sushi - Shaka and Sushimoto
Basmati's has some good sushi but their dinner entrees are the thing. Also good lunch menu.
You'll enjoy Stinky's close to you, tourists and all it's great. As is the sister restaurant Redfish Taco in BMB.

:welcome:

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
:wave:

Thai Elephant is good and no trap for sure. There are only a few places south of 98 that aren't tourist traps and I'm staying mum.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
You will discover some wonderful places to eat drink and enjoy the South Walton area. Even some of our tourist loving spots are tops but you will learn when to go and when not to go. Like grocery shopping at Publix.

Example is The Red Bar in Grayton Beach which is rebuilding after a devastating fire last winter. Still one of my favorite places to eat drink celebrate and enjoy good food and live music. Extremely popular with our visitors and with good reason. We squeeze in during the summertime on occasion for a Sunday afternoon or if we have family or friends in town. But we spend a lot more time there in the off season. When it's cold, we especially love time in this local joint. Meanwhile Louis Louis, also owned by the Redbar Petit family) offers a similar menu and is open for dinner year round. Always a special night out any time of year.

You'll also discover some off the beaten path gems along the way that locals love.

Welcome!

:sowal:

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Hi everyone! The hubs and I are currently building a little bungalow around the Topsail area, getting it ready for full-time living when we pull the plug on our careers in 3 years. Just wanted to say hi :wave:, and to get some advice on good places to eat and visit that won't be horrible tourist traps. What do locals do for fun and good eats?
Thanks!
Creepy avatar :creepy: