• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Yes we hear sounds of war pretty much every day. This morning was minor stuff. The MOAB (Mother Of All Bombs) I think is the one that cracks your windows and knocks pictures off the wall. I hear they kill an extreme number of people in a single blast. The Eglin range is on eof the Air Force's main places for developing and testing bombs and missiles. The Gulf of Mexico is the largest bombing range for the US. But they also need to find out how to better kill people on land so they have a big area north of the bay to test.

Duchess

Beach Lover
Sep 11, 2005
Blue Mountain Beach/Reynoldstown
Has Sowal been getting rocked by the sounds of freedom, today? There's currently a B-52 bomber flying circuits over the range north of the bay!View attachment 88183

That's probably the BUFF that flew over the Super Bowl. At the end of the national anthem, a B-52, a B-2, and a B-1 flew over the stadium. The numbers add up to 55. Get it??
wave.gif

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
That's probably the BUFF that flew over the Super Bowl. At the end of the national anthem, a B-52, a B-2, and a B-1 flew over the stadium. The numbers add up to 55. Get it??
wave.gif
The track of the plane came from the west where they are based. Possible but only marginally

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Yes we hear sounds of war pretty much every day. This morning was minor stuff. The MOAB (Mother Of All Bombs) I think is the one that cracks your windows and knocks pictures off the wall. I hear they kill an extreme number of people in a single blast. The Eglin range is on eof the Air Force's main places for developing and testing bombs and missiles. The Gulf of Mexico is the largest bombing range for the US. But they also need to find out how to better kill people on land so they have a big area north of the bay to test.

Yup...well versed on all that. Eglin is the testing facility for all air launched weapons.

MOAB was tested only twice in 2003 with much communication from the base due to its size. Only 15 were ever made, but I don't know it the two tests were from that total. It has only been used once in combat in 2017 in Afghanistan.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Most people didn't even realize when they tested the MOAB. It had little to no impact south of the bay.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You may be thinking of underground tests. Or if not, what bombs cause the earth to quake?

Eglin doesn't do underground tests. They literally built up to the MOAB for months with announcers and then the day they did it no one noticed.

Usually if the ground is shaking it's just a large amount of explosives they are disposing of.