• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Sounds like that's it. Discussed is code in government for inaction.

When the minutes from the meeting are available I will post them here. They will reflect what was discussed, but no action was taken.

I choose not to discuss the issue on a public forum that allows anonymous user id's, due to concerns for violating the Florida Sunshine Law on an item that I believe will be before the commission at a later date. I could potentially be discussing an issue with a fellow commissioner and thereby circumvent the law.

I know the true identity of very few that post here. I feel that I make every effort to be transparent and accountable to those that I represent.

I don't use code words! Ask anyone that knows me.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
When the minutes from the meeting are available I will post them here. They will reflect what was discussed, but no action was taken.

I choose not to discuss the issue on a public forum that allows anonymous user id's, due to concerns for violating the Florida Sunshine Law on an item that I believe will be before the commission at a later date. I could potentially be discussing an issue with a fellow commissioner and thereby circumvent the law.

I know the true identity of very few that post here. I feel that I make every effort to be transparent and accountable to those that I represent.

I don't use code words! Ask anyone that knows me.

I wasn't accusing you of using code words, was just make a jab at government in general.

I know one of the commissioners screen names and he hasn't posted on this thread. In fact I don't believe he's ever posted.

I do respect you for honoring Florida Sunshine Law as it seems to escape some of our more seasoned politicians in this county.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I wasn't accusing you of using code words, was just make a jab at government in general.

I know one of the commissioners screen names and he hasn't posted on this thread. In fact I don't believe he's ever posted.

I do respect you for honoring Florida Sunshine Law as it seems to escape some of our more seasoned politicians in this county.

Thanks - I guess the whole "pancake" code word uproar in the state government had me going.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I would appreciate some specifics concerning your statements that the SWMCD is not working positively for the South Walton community.

As a Commissioner I consider it my responsibility to listen to people and improve the organization where we can.

I will try answers to your specifics concerns, and will then respond with things that I feel have been very positive steps to improve the transparency, accountability and fiscal responsibility we are charged with in the past 11 months as I have worked with two other commissioner's.

I await your response.

Particularly the ditches along JD MIller Rd, or what used to be. There has in my opinion been a rise in the Mosquito population since the ditches were eliminated. Plus flooded lots and yards.