• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bernster

Beach Comber
Jul 18, 2006
Southwest announces cities picks

It's Nashville, Orlando, Houston (HobbY), and Baltimore for two a day non stop direct flights each way. However ther are some other two a day direct flights (one stop with no plane change) from Dallas and Chicago that have a total elapsed travel time of a bit over 3 hours.

Introductory fares for Nashville, Houston, and Baltimore are $69 each way; Orlando is $49 each way.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
So what's the deal with Baltimore? I have never been but I have been wanting to return to DC. Anyone experienced with flying in and out of Baltimore and the best way to get to DC hotel for sightseeing? Rent car, train? Any advice?

Any other interesting places or sights around Baltimore? If you were going to Philadelphia or NYC to see the sights would you rent a car or take a train, or a connecting flight?

NE SoWaller

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
Omaha, Nebraska
Southwest website lists Nashville, Baltimore, Orlando, and Houston as the non-stop flights!!!!

I'm a little disappointed that St. Louis wasn't the fourth city. Seems like a waste from Orlando. Get in the car and drive. I hope St. Louis is added. The mid-west is being ignored. It will be two stops to fly from Omaha now.

:bang:

NE SoWaller

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
Omaha, Nebraska
Does anyone know when all the cities can start booking. I have been checking to see what the fares will be from Omaha, it does not allow me to make any selections of flights to get prices. :dunno:

Are they offering special fares everywhere, or just for the direct flights?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Can you say Disney World, which is the number one drive-to destination in the south eastern USA. PCB ranks second. Many people will drive 3 hours to PCB then fly to Orlando, given these discount fairs. Also, this may open up other cities flying into ECP, the ability to connect to Orlando. Hey, wasn't Peter Rummel former CEO at Disney and at St Joe (which donated the land for the new airport? hmmm???? Think he still has some pull?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Does anyone know when all the cities can start booking. I have been checking to see what the fares will be from Omaha, it does not allow me to make any selections of flights to get prices. :dunno:

Are they offering special fares everywhere, or just for the direct flights?

The press release says "Southwest is offering these new flights with fares as low as $49 each way to Orlando and $69 each way to Baltimore/Washington, Houston, and Nashville".

The new flights meaning the new non-stop flights from the 4 cities.

I believe booking will be allowed online some time today.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Booking has already began for those four cities, but that's it thus far. I'm guessing that they wanted this to take the headlines first, then, they will roll out the other cities over time.