• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BookMan

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
Northwestern @ Penn St.
Arkansas @ Auburn
Virginia Tech @ North Carolina
Georgia Tech +11.5 @ Clemson
Oklahoma @ Texas Tech
Wake Forest @ Maryland
LSU @ Florida
Georgia @ South Carolina
West Virginia @ Texas
Texas A&M @ Mississippi +9.5
Vanderbilt @ Missouri
Miami (Fla.) +13.5 @ Notre Dame
Nebraska @ Ohio St.
UCLA @ California
Washington @ Oregon: Washington will score [ 0-9 10-19 20-29 30+ ] points

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
What a bust. Looks like I'm starting out 0-3. Wouldn't you know it Penn St. would run all over Northwestern in the 4th quarter. And Auburn is losing big to Arkansas, and Virginia Tech is losing to North Carolina. Wonderful way to start my Saturday.

What a bust. Looks like I'm starting out 0-3. Wouldn't you know it Penn St. would run all over Northwestern in the 4th quarter. And Auburn is losing big to Arkansas, and Virginia Tech is losing to North Carolina. Wonderful way to start my Saturday.
Hubby was just saying how disappointed you must be.

I am disappointed because the Florida quarterback just got sacked twice in a row by LSU. :sosad:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Don't know what I was thinking that Va. Tech could possibly win a ballgame and it go my way? And Northwestern being 5-0 and losing. I guess I'm asking for a bad week this week by going with the picks I've gone with. If I have another negative week as a result of my choices I may drop out myself. I've totally not been in a good mood the entire weekend.

And as for the Arkansas/Auburn game, you have one equally bad against the other. Couldn't even get that one.
Well, like they were saying on ESPN Sports Center, Auburn's national championship was just an anomaly due to having Cam Newton there that year. I am not disparaging Auburn -- they are my third favorite team in the SEC, behind Florida and South Carolina (both from which I am an alumnus).

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Ok, after a 0-6 start today this may be the end of my pick'em. That is unacceptable to me to do that badly. It's below my expectations for myself. So if you don't see any picks from me next week this is why.

Ok, after a 0-6 start today this may be the end of my pick'em. That is unacceptable to me to do that badly. It's below my expectations for myself. So if you don't see any picks from me next week this is why.
Shake it off, gull. Play for the funn of it ... to make the games more interesting ... not to win. That's why I so love the pick'ems that Skunky started. We thoroughly enjoy playing, win or lose. We tailgated at home -- grilled corn and brats and had delicious potato buns for the brats. The weather today was gorgeous. Good times.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Shake it off, gull. Play for the funn of it ... to make the games more interesting ... not to win. That's why I so love the pick'ems that Skunky started. We thoroughly enjoy playing, win or lose. We tailgated at home -- grilled corn and brats and had delicious potato buns for the brats. The weather today was gorgeous. Good times.

I know it's supposed to be for fun but I take it seriously. But I wish I had been there for the grilled corn and brats adn potato buns. Yum.