• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SOWAL Jerk Driver Alert!!!

New posts
Am I doing something wrong by driving 35 MPH in Seagrove? I was passed again this morning on double yellow as there were dozens of pedestrians milling about. 4th time in 5 days. Ugh, I give up.

Well, get a desciption and plate number and call the fuzz!:cool:
 
Am I doing something wrong by driving 35 MPH in Seagrove? I was passed again this morning on double yellow as there were dozens of pedestrians milling about. 4th time in 5 days. Ugh, I give up.


Isn't 35 the speed limit through Seagrove? I had someone pass me the other day as I was stopped in front of Yellowfin to let someone cross the road. And some awesome guy in a huge truck from Tennessee passed me on the BIKE PATH. :idontno: Hmm. Glad he didn't hit anyone. And it's not that he couldn't see the people crossing the road, my car could fit in the bed of his truck.
 
Thread resumption! Today's organ donor in waiting is a nice lady piloting a canary yellow Toyota Matrix (with a local plate) on HWY 98 between 283 and 395. I passed her at the 282 red light going east;she had a magazine plopped open on the steering wheel! Then she comes by me going way faster than the speed limit still thumbing through the magazine!! She was so tuned in to the magazine she was speeding up, then slowing down. She took a right on 395 toward 30A. Please, lady, be careful. If you see a yellow Matrix in SOWAL, be careful:bang:
 
This week I've seen and been passed on double yellow lines 3 times on 30A. I forget the first but second was an older blue car in front of Yiannis and today was a white Chevy Avalanche truck in Seacrest. What the dealio yo?:idontno:

I need Mr.T and the A-Team to install spring loaded spike-strips in my fenders. That would be sweet. :clap_1: I don't get personally offended by these maneuvers but I fear for the lives of pedestrian traffic which can come out of nowhere like Frogger and I don't want to see the inevitable splat.

Furthermore, why aren't there more law enforcement patrols on this scenic road? You'd think they'd want to protect the community feel by slowing these guys down and put some cash in the county til. But, I've seen many cop cars going well over 35 in Seagrove anyway. :nono1:

Traffic Patrol on 331 and 98.....no kidding....drive on these roads and count the cops.....ever see them as often on secondary roads???? NO.....
 
Xanax wouldn't be my first choice if I was going the benzodiazapine route. But anyway, I bet you would have been pissedtoo if you saw what I saw, knowing that knuckleheads like that guy have already amassed a small body count on the 331 bridge.:nono1:

I had a cat named Benzodiazapine.

The irony is that I got him on a Sunday when I was still adjusting to my narcolepsy meds back before they figured out that amphetamines and benzodiazapines weren't really a good mix for me. I almost had a bad wreck on the way home from church. I got to my street, took a walk to calm down, and saw a sign that said "free kittens."

A few months later he ran away right before I left Nashville for the summer. A neighbor found him, tracked me down via his rabies tag, and I drove back up to get him. We were in a wreck (not my fault!) 2 blocks from my apartment, and he bolted out of the car when the other driver opened the door. (Don't lecture me about carriers--this cat was insane and carried 20 switchblades and a mouthful of spikes.) He bolted across 4 lanes of very heavy traffic, almost causing another wreck.

He turned out to be criminally insane. My family and I agree that he is in hell unless the devil kicked him out. He didn't die in a wreck. We don't know what happened, but he got injured a couple of years later and had an infection from the injury. In that case I gave the vet permission to put him to sleep, but then the stubborn S.O.B. checked out before she could put him down. I loved him, but he was really scary.

The moral of this story is 1) don't drive on amphetamines and benzos, 2) don't get a cat until your meds are fixed, either 3) don't name your cat after a drug that you are angry with. No good can come of it.

p.s. No more cat stories. I promise. Maybe.
 
Last edited:
More cat stories......you have the best cat stories...and the BEST cats! Bring em' on....
 
Traffic Patrol on 331 and 98.....no kidding....drive on these roads and count the cops.....ever see them as often on secondary roads???? NO.....


I heard that the deputies all had to turn in their radar units for inventory today. Except for the four or five traffic units. I wonder if that will change the dynamic as the word gets out.
 
Furthermore, why aren't there more law enforcement patrols on this scenic road? You'd think they'd want to protect the community feel by slowing these guys down and put some cash in the county til. But, I've seen many cop cars going well over 35 in Seagrove anyway.
Well there was one that pulled over several friends of mine last week for the speed limit on 30A...well one was doing 38 mph... but he got pulled over because the guy had someone else pulled over and he didnt slow down to 15 when passing the deputy with his lights on.
 
Thread resumption! Today's organ donor in waiting is a nice lady piloting a canary yellow Toyota Matrix (with a local plate) on HWY 98 between 283 and 395. I passed her at the 282 red light going east;she had a magazine plopped open on the steering wheel! Then she comes by me going way faster than the speed limit still thumbing through the magazine!! She was so tuned in to the magazine she was speeding up, then slowing down. She took a right on 395 toward 30A. Please, lady, be careful. If you see a yellow Matrix in SOWAL, be careful:bang:
Or at least make she's using an Itty Bitty Book Light for night driving. :funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top