• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Jacksonville, Florida - (February 14, 2005) The St. Joe Company (NYSE: JOE) announced today that 281 qualified prospective buyers from 12 states submitted reservations for a release of 37 home sites at RiverCamps on Crooked Creek.

From these requests, reservations were accepted for all of the home sites with prices ranging from $148,500 to $849,500 and averaging $276,000. Five home sites were priced at more than $500,000. Reservation requests came from Florida, Georgia and Alabama and from as far away as Indiana. Additional home site releases are planned for later in the year.

Permits allowing completion of the entire project have been received, and the pace of infrastructure development is accelerating with 190 home sites currently under construction.

The RiverCamps ?entry barn? is scheduled to be completed early in the second quarter of 2005 and additional RiverCamps homes are planned to be completed in late 2005. Construction of the boat basin and storage facility, nature trails and viewing platforms is scheduled to start in the second quarter and construction of the RiverHouse, a compound of several community amenities, is set to start in the third quarter.

RiverCamps on Crooked Creek, located in Western Bay County, is entitled for up to 450 home sites on approximately 1,500 acres of former timberland and features views of West Bay, the Intracoastal Waterway and Crooked Creek.

Additional RiverCamps locations are actively being reviewed in other parts of Northwest Florida. ?The RiverCamps concept is designed to respond to the land,? said Peter S. Rummell, chairman and CEO of JOE. ?As a result, future RiverCamps will each have a distinct personality and appeal to a variety of consumer interests.?

The RiverCamps Preview Center, located in Panama City Beach on US Highway 98 directly across from Pier Park, is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday and 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm, Sunday. For a personal appointment and tour of RiverCamps on Crooked Creek, call 866.FL.RIVER (357.4837). More information can be found online at www.rivercamps.com.

Georgian

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2005
Anyone know if mosquitos are a problem in this project? The thought of living by a creek in the woods in Florida makes me itch.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
It is not the mosquitos that will eat you at Rivercamps. That area along Crooked Creek is infested with biting no-see-ums, and they are annoying. You will definitely want the screened porch, or to coat your body with Kerosene.

Smiling JOe said:
It is not the mosquitos that will eat you at Rivercamps. That area along Crooked Creek is infested with biting no-see-ums, and they are annoying. You will definitely want the screened porch, or to coat your body with Kerosene.

Wouldn't this be the problem at any of the off beach areas? What about Point Washington, Mack Bayu (sp?), Freeport, Baytown, etc...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
RiverOtter said:
Wouldn't this be the problem at any of the off beach areas? What about Point Washington, Mack Bayu (sp?), Freeport, Baytown, etc...

Not a problem in those areas, however you will have seasonal deer flies and mosquitoes. I guess you need to go up Crooked Creek to see what I am talking about.

Smiling JOe said:
Not a problem in those areas, however you will have seasonal deer flies and mosquitoes. I guess you need to go up Crooked Creek to see what I am talking about.

Deer Flies? Are they the same as the black flies that munch on ya at the beach when the wind is blowing out to sea? I hate those things. I have literally had one on my arm, sprayed it with Off and it didn't move. Well.... after it bit me it moved :bang:

Georgian

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2005
Ah, just as I suspected. I'll stick with the ocean in Florida and the River in areas North of Atlanta.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
RiverOtter said:
Deer Flies? Are they the same as the black flies that munch on ya at the beach when the wind is blowing out to sea? I hate those things. I have literally had one on my arm, sprayed it with Off and it didn't move. Well.... after it bit me it moved :bang:

No, the black flies call the deer (yellow) flies Grandpa. Black flies on the Beach can be annoying, but you will hurt yourself when you slap at a deer fly.