• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
shelley stay out of the stk mkt. with your negativity i'll bet 100-1 you've shorted this whole 16% 7 week rally.i bet you were shorting apple at $200 and cat at $50.i bet you star at stk quotes daily asking" why do stocks keep rising if the economy is so bad"

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I seriously doubt SHELLY has more than a fantasy stock market account. If he does then I'm sure the creditors will be seizing it soon.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Now is the time for St. Joe to buy back as much as their stock as possible and consider quietly restructuring.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
A significant portion of what remains consist of virtual swamp land. Have you been to the airport? Not only is Joe competing with the Airport Authority for users (on land which Joe donated to the AA), but Joe is also leasing back some of the same land they donated. I can't see any reason why anyone would develop commercial uses around the airport.

Hotel? Why? Simply not enough traffic and why would you stay at the airport? Distribution companies? Why locate here? Ingress and egress is poor and you are too far away from major roads or a port. There would be no reason to haul goods into and out of the airport area.

Read the report. It is very detailed and well researched.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Again, fear rules the market. In this world, all it takes is one or two news articles to send everyone running to buy or sell. The truth is that much money will be made by those who shorted JOE, when negative info comes out. I'm not here to counter the article's worthiness, but just to say that it isn't surprising to see trade based on one person's opinion, regardless of his or her credibility.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
A significant portion of what remains consist of virtual swamp land. Have you been to the airport? Not only is Joe competing with the Airport Authority for users (on land which Joe donated to the AA), but Joe is also leasing back some of the same land they donated. I can't see any reason why anyone would develop commercial uses around the airport.

Hotel? Why? Simply not enough traffic and why would you stay at the airport? Distribution companies? Why locate here? Ingress and egress is poor and you are too far away from major roads or a port. There would be no reason to haul goods into and out of the airport area.

Read the report. It is very detailed and well researched.

If you distribute to South America the new airport is a great spot and much cheaper than other international airports further south.

Other than JOE I know of a large medical company in Dallas that is considering a move. Don't ask I'm not revealing a name.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Now is the time for St. Joe to buy back as much as their stock as possible and consider quietly restructuring.

That would be a great idea. I own another company stock that did that same thing. Everyone kept shorting it keeping it down in the twenties while the company repurchased. Last I looked it finally settled around 60 or so.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
The plunge continues with JOE being down by another 10% over the last three trading days.