• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
Uhm, how did your wife let you post nekkid without an avatar? :funn:
I am not going to Amore's with you anymore. :lol:

Alright Mango, how do you like my avator? Please, do not mistake it to be the control panel of my airplane. Nope, it's much more sophisticated machine than that. It is a Beachbummet silencer. All I have to do is place her in this machine, and she forgets how to talk....well at least until it runs out of gas or I try to do some of those tricks I see on TV where the pilots fly upside down. Something about flying any way other than straight and level makes her say new and interesting words. It's like she gets excited or something. :rotfl: Anyway, ever man needs one of these machines:rotfl:

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
As long as flyforfun doesn't use any of my former avatars.

Are you kidding? No way, that poor little white sheep looked like it was being totured. I am surprised Pita has not started picketing your home in AZ. Oh by the way, we found evidence that some of the Alliens from AZ have found your new home in WS. They left evidence that is even more sophisticated than the typical crop circles you see in your neck of the woods. Once the military and police release them back to us, we will post them for everyone's review. :cool:

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
In President Reagan?s second term he correctly realized that federal deficits were growing too large and he had to do some fine tuning to the tax code. This was a responsible action by President Reagan but it resulted in a change in real estate depreciation rates and the resultant real estate condo crash in the mid to late 1980?s. This action was not initiated by the Democrats as you suggest.

You are also incorrect that the 1997 the Capital Gains tax cut signed by President Clinton only reduced Capital gains tax to 30%. This 1997 act included a reduction in capital gains tax to 20%, not 30% as you indicate. This act also exempted profits up to $500k for the sale of your home.

The 1997 tax cut signed by President Clinton also targeted a greater cross section of Americans that the 2003 Republican tax cut.

http://www.filetax.com/97taxact.html

The 2003 Republican tax cut was crafted primarily for the most affluent.
The below article regarding the Republican 2003 tax cut accurately predicted the resultant over speculation and the negative consequences which we are experiencing today.

The great bait and switch
Commentary: GOP pulls a fast one with capital-gains tax cut
By Chris Pummer, CBS.MarketWatch.com
Last Update: 11:42 AM ET May 22, 2003
excerpts
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -
?... the Republican-controlled House pulled an astounding bait-and-switch on the American public..... Average Americans may pay dearly for the party's legislative slight of hand.

Forget that there are no unbiased studies to prove capital-gains tax cuts stimulate the economy. Forget also that two of the largest such cuts in history contributed to the rampant speculation that preceded the 1929 and 2000 stock market crashes...

..said David Levine, an economics professor at the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley. "The main effect of a capital-gains tax cut is to increase federal budget deficits in the future and make those already prosperous more prosperous.".........

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Sto...DB36-79CD-4270-B0C9-4E07332796D4}&siteid=mktw

Alright Ecopal, you are right it was 20% capital gain and I did forget the tax breaks on homes under $500K. Sorry I had a brain crack. :bang: Is it the reduction of capital gains from 20% to 15% what has your panties pull up to your shoulders or is it that the demo's gave the tax breaks for the wealthy? :dunno: Again, I just can't find the wealthy tax breaks that no one else is allowed to participate in. :dunno:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Not to bring this thread off course or anything but I am seeing alot of positive activity in the market. I am working on several contracts and have some big deals in the pipeline. This past weekend I had more calls then I have had in months... What up???? I thought the sky was falling? It really seems the market is leveling off. I know not everyone will agree with me but my information is coming from actual calls and written contracts. I still struggle to predict when this market will come back but I really do not feel it is in as bad of shape as the media is making out.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I agree. Things are definitely looking up.:clap_1: