• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
Wondering if anyone can recommend what type of treatments/covering to put on our doors. We installed some faux wood blinds and they have taken a beating, especially around the door handles. Fortunately they weren't too expensive.
Thanks!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There is a plastic film which is made to adhere to glass, and gives a frosted look to any glass. Looks really great and keeps privacy without blocking light. It should be easy enough for most anyone to stick on and trim. I've also seen business logos cut into the film and then stuck onto glass to give that etched look. Really amazing, and probably very inexpensive. Not sure where you get it. Maybe try a graphics store like Copy Systems in SoWal. Ask for Russ. 850-267-4552. He could probably cut in digital designs, or maybe just sell you the sheets or a roll. I have no idea what it is called, but it sure would keep your doors and blinds from taking a beating, while looking good.

The Window Guy

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
S.C. Designing, Inc.

There are all types of options depending exactly what you want to do regarding visibility. I carry frosted films for doors like the previous thread has mentioned. You can add plantation shutters mounted on the doors that do not take a "beating" or pull up roman shades for privacy.
If you need help or an "on-site" quote call me anytime.

Is it a rental or permanent residence?

Thanks and good luck!

:cool:Steve
S.C. Designing, Inc.
Window Tinting & Window Treatments
850-687-0646
www.scdesigninginc.com