• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Mermaid said:
BR, you need to take a trip to Rome.
I've been to Roma many times. Love the town, love the food, love everything. Definitely another level of pedestrian abuse.

Cambridge, more specifically MIT, also has its pedestrian challenges. First of all, virtually all of MIT's classroom space is in what they call the Infinite Corridor (825 feet long, connecting virtually all of the classroom buildings). The idea is once you get in, you don't have to leave (the Hotel California, nawwwww) because the weather sucks so bad, you'd never go to class if you had to face the weather going from building to building. To get to the Infinite Corridor (a.k.a. 77 Mass. Ave.) from the dorms, you have to cross Mass. Ave. - not an easy task. Just for grins, the MIT kids (including my daughter) lunge forward, faking that they are about to cross Mass Ave. They laugh about how many people they cause to cr#p their pants by doing this.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Beach Runner said:
I've been to Roma many times. Love the town, love the food, love everything. Definitely another level of pedestrian abuse.

Cambridge, more specifically MIT, also has its pedestrian challenges. First of all, virtually all of MIT's classroom space is in what they call the Infinite Corridor (825 feet long, connecting virtually all of the classroom buildings). The idea is once you get in, you don't have to leave (the Hotel California, nawwwww) because the weather sucks so bad, you'd never go to class if you had to face the weather going from building to building. To get to the Infinite Corridor (a.k.a. 77 Mass. Ave.) from the dorms, you have to cross Mass. Ave. - not an easy task. Just for grins, the MIT kids (including my daughter) lunge forward, faking that they are about to cross Mass Ave. They laugh about how many people they cause to cr#p their pants by doing this.

I know all about MIT. I used to work there, as did Merman. My apartment, in fact, was across the Charles River on Beacon Street. There's not much I don't know about Boston or Cambridge. :roll:

Mermaid said:
I know all about MIT. I used to work there, as did Merman. My apartment, in fact, was across the Charles River on Beacon Street. There's not much I don't know about Boston or Cambridge. :roll:
Small world! Recognize this? The view from by daughter's dorm room, which BTW she drew in Corel and was featured on the MIT website.

Last edited:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Beach Runner said:
Small world! Recognize this? The view from by daughter's dorm room, which BTW she drew in Corel and was featured on the MIT website.

?? did you mean to post something?

Mermaid said:
?? did you mean to post something?
Sorry. I was editing. BTW I love Miracle of Science Bar and Grill, East Coast Grill, Mr. Bartley's, Border Cafe, and (even though it's a chain) Legal Sea Foods.

OOPS! Tangentizing! If we want to talk about Boston/Cambridge, I'll start a new thread. Kurt might ban us from the board. :D

Last edited:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Gotcha. You've attached the drawing. :clap_1: It's a pity your daughter couldn't stick it out at MIT, but then again, I should talk. I hightailed it down to Atlanta with Merman, leaving New England only a glance in the rear view mirror.

Atlanta was much closer to SoWal, a much better choice for us. (How's that, Kurt, for getting back to the subject of rentals close to Seaside? ;-) )

Last edited:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Feel free to hijack my thread, that way I won't feel bad when I do it to someone else accidently :whack: Besides, college is my next favorite subject to discuss on forums after dogs. My kids say I need a life :eek: