• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dragonflycafe

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2009
I had a follower comment on an Instagram pic I posted that SK is closing so more condos can be built in that (lovely, beautiful, picturesque) space.

Please tell me this isn't true! After many years of coming to 30a several times a year, I find the explosive growth and summer crowds getting crazy and this would seem to be the latest casualty in the development craze.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but nothing was popping up when I did a search.

Thanks guys and Happy New Year.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I'm told that the Summer Kitchen is moving across the street from the Pearl if the property that it and the bicycle shop sits on is sold. I haven't heard whether or not the deal has gone through but I think they want to build some more condos and probably some retail space there.

iomiam

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
Point Washington
The Summer Kitchen is not closing. In fact it's multiplying! We hope to announce our second location within the next few weeks. We have also opened another restaurant in Uptown Grayton - Coast Food + Wine. Please join us there too!

Miriam & James Dillon
Summer Kitchen Cafe

dragonflycafe

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2009
Thanks for the info! I will miss that spot, it's lovely. Glad it's not closing for good though. How many more people can RB handle? It's bursting at the seams in the summer.

cooper

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Can't say enough positive about Coast. The staff took extraordinary care of our large party last pm and food as always was superb. Cheers!