• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Here is an opportunity to take back the beaches the BCC have taken from us! 50% is to much!

From Walton County TDC: The Walton County Tourist Development Council Beach Operations staff will hold a meeting on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. and on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. Both meetings will be held at the South Walton Annex located at 31 Coastal Center Blvd. Santa Rosa Beach, FL.

The purpose of this meeting is to discuss the 2016 Beach vending season and general beach vending issues.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
People should take notice and go to this instead of sitting omline and screaming about the vendor issue. Heres your opportunity to actually have a say.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Vendors will be there enforce.

It would be great if the professional ones had some control over the renegade's...

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
People should take notice and go to this instead of sitting omline and screaming about the vendor issue. Heres your opportunity to actually have a say.

I think by design the meeting is disenfranchising because its held at 9:00 AM on a Tuesday morning when most people have to be at work. The less people in attendance. the less people they have to try and pacify.

I'm also sure discussing the 2016 vending season isn't very productive since this season is almost over. The issue is really about the future of OUR beaches and why the vendors were ever allowed to take over 50% of them.

This is a NoWal and SoWal issue so why not 2 meetings at times more accessible to ALL of us?

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I have attended one in the past. Well worth attending. Amazing what you learn and also allows an opportunity for non-vendors to express views, suggestions, concerns. Make time to attend or at least send your comments to Brian Kellenberger TDC. He will incorporate your comments in the feedback.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
This was a reply to an email posted on SOWAL from a guest fron Baltimore that I copied and sent her and others(1 week later ) from C.Jones

We appreciate your input regarding the beach vendors. Your thoughts will certainly be considered when this comes before the Board of County Commissioners.

Kindest Regards,
Cecilia Jones
District 2 Commissioner
552 Walton Rd
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433
Telephone (850) 892-4020

CJ/ ecs
Wonder who ecs is???????? C.jones doesn't have a clue and doesn't care about tax payers...

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Evelyn Strickland is her aide

This was a reply to an email posted on SOWAL from a guest fron Baltimore that I copied and sent her and others(1 week later ) from C.Jones

We appreciate your input regarding the beach vendors. Your thoughts will certainly be considered when this comes before the Board of County Commissioners.

Kindest Regards,
Cecilia Jones
District 2 Commissioner
552 Walton Rd
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433

Telephone (850) 892-4020

CJ/ ecs
Wonder who ecs is???????? C.jones doesn't have a clue and doesn't care about tax payers...

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
When did C. Jones move to the Wee Care Park on Walton Rd?