• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Best beef tacos and For sure best Tamales can be had in the back of El Mercadito next to Jambones, when the guatemateca is on duty anyhow. Try the banana leaf wrapped tamal, I usually dislike anything in a banana leaf but that tamal is dang good that way-- there are corn husked ones as well though.

I was so glad when I found this little spot a month or so ago. I had Never new it was there. I would have to agree. DELICIOSO! sp? :)

jamnolfin

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2007
After reading the comments we went there Saturday night. It was OK, prices a little high. We love to ride over the hathaway bridge into PC to Los Antojitos. Much better food and prices. The Mex place in Destin by Old Tyme Pottery is better too. JMO.

Anyone know what days & hours they are open?

We went July 4th night. They are open 11am to 9pm.

It was VERY good! Homemade tortillas. I had chicken tacos w Avacado. One of the owners served us...I would butcher his name. He was very friendly!!! We will definetly go back...AND he mentioned since the 4 lane project they might be moving to SRB!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

DavidD

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2008
Seagrove
www.davidDdesign.com
Authentic Mexican close by

If anyone is looking for real authentic mexican food, you need to try Taqueria el Calentano on the other side of the 331 bridge (about 2 miles from the far side). It sounds far away but its not. They have crazy authentic things on the menu like Lenua (cow tongue), Cabeza (cow head) and Menudo soup (made from some part of the cow stomach?). But they also have things that most Americano's are used to. I personally love their sandwiches/tortas (especially the chorizo/spiced sausage sandwich) that all come with cheese, ham, onion, avocado, and jalapenos on them. There is actually a mexican family that drives from Navarre every weekend to eat there.
I confess that I am friends with them, but I honestly do really love eating there.
Try it yourself and order the Cabeza if you dare (I haven't but I've heard its good).
:D

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
If anyone is looking for real authentic mexican food, you need to try Taqueria el Calentano on the other side of the 331 bridge (about 2 miles from the far side). It sounds far away but its not. They have crazy authentic things on the menu like Lenua (cow tongue), Cabeza (cow head) and Menudo soup (made from some part of the cow stomach?). But they also have things that most Americano's are used to. I personally love their sandwiches/tortas (especially the chorizo/spiced sausage sandwich) that all come with cheese, ham, onion, avocado, and jalapenos on them. There is actually a mexican family that drives from Navarre every weekend to eat there.
I confess that I am friends with them, but I honestly do really love eating there.
Try it yourself and order the Cabeza if you dare (I haven't but I've heard its good).

I wouldn't dare... :blink:

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Cabeza is ok Dune-AHH don't be skeered..it is just meat off of the skull. The menudo otoh is chitterlings...tripe/intestine.

Last edited:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
good food and almost always funn people there visit with. (if you have little ones, watch out for the toy machines in the back that call their names ;-))