• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Local, I know you are being facetious about Code Enforcement. Walton County's Code Enforcement department is a farce... and that is putting it nicely. I've never seen an area that is so afraid to do anything except pass the buck to some other area. WHY are they even there?!

farce:
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.

There is your answer - it's a dramatic work, therefore it requires actors.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
farce:
noun

[*]a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.

There is your answer - it's a dramatic work, therefore it requires actors.

They must be actors but they are certainly not acting like responsible public servants.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Enforcement has and will continue to be nothing more than a dream, never coming true.

I see it every day I walk the beach, dogs prior to permit hours, glass bottles, etc. (Yes, I do call it in to report it!)

Look at the salary's these folks make and you'll loose your lunch...let alone your minds.

Instead of trying to enforce anything, they look for new ways to acquire more beach to put those who will continue to violate...

The Topsl park and beach Renourishment are two examples.

Anyone ever request the daily activity reports of a Code Enforcement Officer?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Enforcement has and will continue to be nothing more than a dream, never coming true. I see it every day I walk the beach, dogs prior to permit hours, glass bottles, etc. (Yes, I do call it in to report it!) Look at the salary's these folks make and you'll loose your lunch...let alone your minds. Instead of trying to enforce anything, they look for new ways to acquire more beach to put those who will continue to violate... The Topsl park and beach Renourishment are two examples. Anyone ever request the daily activity reports of a Code Enforcement Officer?
Donut Hole