• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

The Plumber

New posts
this thread is exactly like mccain's campaign. not very well executed and increasingly desperate... desperate people, measures, statements. it is really not becoming of a presidential candidate or his supporters, imo.

The whole thread, or the last part?
 
Snopes mentions the Berg lawsuit and it seems to me that it is the court's responsiblity to determine the facts.

BTW, I posted the lawsuit stuff because it was brought up in this thread and I started researching based on that. I presented facts and opinions about the facts and did not present any "crap" as you have charged. You love to make personal attacks don't you?

I didn't say YOU were crap, I said your info was crap. Not a personal attack on you.
 
I didn't say YOU were crap, I said your info was crap. Not a personal attack on you.

Just for the record, my posting of the info and links was dispassionate. I could care less who wins in November. I posted the info because it had been brought up. Note that the attorney who filed the suit is a Democrat and supported Hillary. I posted no inflammatory info and the only opinons I offered were in response to questions of presidential succession. If you read the complaint, you will learn that Plaintiff believes the birth certificate was forged. That hardly qualifies my info as crap.
 
Why on earth are people railing against socialism only now? We've had a progressive tax system in this country for decades and decades, which I am completely against, but to act like all of a sudden socialism will be introduced if Obama is president?

For the low taxes crowd, of which I count myself, didn't McCain vote against the Bush tax cuts? So didn't he vote in favor of more income redistribution? Well, I know, now he says he wants those tax cuts. That's great. But this is my problem and one of the reasons I'm going to vote for Obama. A real economic conservative would have been against the Iraq War and for the Bush tax cuts.
I know what Obama believes and what he will try to do. And this is the key, he will actually be able to DO things because of the majorities in Congress. Does anyone think McCain is going to get the votes to make the tax cuts permanent? And furthermore, who's to say that's really what he wants to do? He claims to be an economic conservative, just like W. did....

Until I see an actual economic conservative, I'm considering it a myth and an endangered species. Since we're getting bigger government either way, I'm going with the guy who wants a big government to improve the lives of a majority of the people, instead of a guy who wants a big government to blow up Arabs and their children.

By the way if the Plumber is making 250k a year, which I doubt, he's doing a lot better than most people in this country. Should he be punished for that? No. Our tax sysetm is garbage. But until I see a real seriousness about a flat tax or a consumption tax or a system that would actually be fair in a real sense of the word from Republicans, I'm out. Maybe their utter failure this year will prompt a revolution of ACTUAL economic conservatism in the coming years. One can only hope.

McCain would be neck in neck with Obama if he was such a "maverick", because he would have voted against the bailout bill. Surprise! He didn't.
 
Not politicaly correct

Interesting how posts fit the poster, kind of like dogs resemble their owners.

Obama is an American, not an "African in the Senate". What the heck does that mean?

Obama is an African /American. If the cartoon (which I did not create) were about an Italian or Japanese there would not have been a necessity to add American to it.
 
Obama is an African /American. If the cartoon (which I did not create) were about an Italian or Japanese there would not have been a necessity to add American to it.


The cartoon reads "African" , not "African-American". Big difference, since one is perceived to be a citizen and one is not. I don't think the smear is very subtle, but I will smugly say that is yet another subtle attempt to trick voters....
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top